Palin under investigation in 2008 for corruption & she talks about a 60s radical!!??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 7, 2008.

1. I give up. No one wants to talk about real issues so I guess I will lay along with you all and pretend these things matter...

The problem I have isn't with questioning Obama's associations.

First of all, Mccain has an ad out saying Obama "lied about Ayers", but the fact is that Obama never denied working with Ayers...he didn't lie about anything. However that's just normal campaign BS, below though is a new level of low-blows.

Palin said "he pals around with terrorists". First of all Ayers is a terrorist, but lets face it that word's connotations go FAR FAR beyond what Ayers did. When you say terrorist, America thinks of someone who would kill every man, women, and child simply for being "infidels". We think of those who killed thousands on Sept. 11th. Ayers blew up some property in protest of the vietnam war. The same word yes, but i think we can agree there is a vast difference between Osama bid laden and a guy who blew up property out of protest in is youth and has since been an educator his whole life. Deceptive. Palin knows that, but plays the very deceptive card anyways. Normal campaign BS.

Furthermore there is no proof that the 2 are "pals". In fact they havent spoken since 2005. A "pal" you dont even speak to for years? Hmmm. And that education fund thing that mccain's ad said was "radical" has the support of the republican governor, has been described by Education Week as "main stream", and has republicans running it as well as dems including one republican who made a generous donation to Mccains campaign. I bet that guy is pissed now. Normal campaign BS.

However this is a new low and has caused me to lose the respect for Palin that I did have. He "pals around with terrorists" is low not just because its not true AND misleading, but because of why she said it. She knew that there are all kinds of idiots out there who think Obama is a muslim extremist in disguise, who think he is evil because is name is Barrack Hussein, ignorant bigots...and on top of all that she CATERS to their racist ignorance by saying he "pals around with terrorists", A statement that is not only wrong and misleading, but was designed to appeal to the lowest racist, bigot people and emotions. And that is wrong.

#31     Oct 13, 2008

2. I think Palinn say what she is told to say. My own opinion is Palin knew nothing about Ayers before she was selected as vp. So she has no opinion of her own that was thought out, but is only saying what she is told to say. She wants to be vp, that is what matters to her. Like many politicians. I so not see her as wholesome image that she wants people to believe.

#32     Oct 13, 2008
  3. ps If Palin thinks she fool the uneducated to believing she is honest, then she fools herself.

#33     Oct 13, 2008
  4. Palin is on TV right now. I just have to say - she's coming off as a shrill, undereducated phony at the moment.

Have her handlers not told her to stop pausing after every sentence and looking off into the middle distance, waiting for applause? She speaks in one sentence modules.

#34     Oct 13, 2008
  5. No retorts? Funny how these stupid issues kind of go silent when some facts are brought into light.

#35     Oct 13, 2008
  6. Well said.

This is a problem with the McCain campaign in general in the sense that they are not appealing to moderates/independents. By misleading their own supporters via appealing to their fear and xenophobia they are alienating those who are immune to and can see past such scare tactics.

It makes me sick because they are so desperate now that they are trying anything no matter the moral consequences. Rather than fight Obama on issues they relentlessly attack him personally, and worse of all thay are attacking him in a way that takes advantage of his name and skin color. Even McCain had to defend Obama at one point...what does that say about McCain's Campaign - the fact that he has to defend his opponent from his own teams BS?

#36     Oct 13, 2008
  7. Very true. It's one thing to have disagreements, but Mccains campaign is just a new level of dirty.

#37     Oct 13, 2008
  8. What "facts" Jon?

Fact: the Obama campaign says that the coffee at Ayers home was sponsored by Alice Palmer. The same Alice Palmer who Obama knocked off the ballot a few months later. Palmer now says she was merely invited to Ayers home, only stayed a short while and was not responsible in anyway for the event.

Fact: You have NO CLUE as to the relationship between Ayers and Obama. Do you know how often they hung out? Do you think it's KOSHER that Obama REFUSES to answer that question?
    What we DO KNOW is that Obama LIED about WHO INVITED HIM to Ayers home.

#38     Oct 13, 2008
    #39     Oct 13, 2008
  10. You are grasping at straws here Pabst...

Your argument is akin to me saying that the Bush family has a questionable background because of their associations with the Bin Laden family. Because of said associations, the Bushes therefore support terrorism... a misleading statement at best, slanderous at worst.

#40     Oct 13, 2008