Palin under investigation in 2008 for corruption & she talks about a 60s radical!!??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Not sure what any of this has to do with the topic, but I'll play along.

I was in the Vietnam War. In fact, I was wounded a couple of times.

As far as my position? In those days, we had a draft. You either had an exemption, or you served. Your "position" on the War was irrelevant.

There were large numbers who avoided the draft and escaped to Canada. I'm very proud I was not one of those.

I'm proud of my service, and my actions during the War. However, I think the war was ill-conceived, as most of them undoubtedly are.

I think war protestors have every right to protest. William Ayers had no right to do what he did though. He was not a protestor. He was a criminal.

Hope this answers your questions.

OldTrader

#21     Oct 7, 2008

2. You served in NAM? Well my respect for you just went up 1000%! How did you end up supporting a nit like Bush?!

#22     Oct 7, 2008
  3. LOL. Believe me when I tell you, supporting Bush was not one of the prouder moments of my life. That doesn't make me an Obama supporter though.

OldTrader

#23     Oct 7, 2008
  4. In 1970, Ayers' then-girlfriend Diana Oughton, along with Weatherman members Terry Robbins and Ted Gold, were killed when a bomb they were constructing exploded unexpectedly. That bomb had been intended for detonation at a dance that was to be attended by army soldiers at Fort Dix, New Jersey. Hundreds of lives could have been lost had the plan been successfully executed. Ayers attested that the bomb would have done serious damage, "tearing through windows and walls and, yes, people too."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2169

#24     Oct 7, 2008
  5. OT for President!!

#25     Oct 7, 2008
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Sarah Palin is clearly trying to play in a league in which she doesn't belong.

#26     Oct 7, 2008
  7. HooLee

HooLee

Yesterday I met this 84 year young guy, and there is line in his name card really made me laugh:

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS CHANGE OFTEN, SAME REASON

#27     Oct 12, 2008
  8. I believe he had defected to Indonesia and was hiding out in a private al quada training school under the alias of barry sorato - indonesian muslim citizen... / just kidding/

#28     Oct 12, 2008
  9. Of Course. Obama knew Ayers. Never mind that a board can comprise wildly different people. He had contact wwith a former Weatherman, he must therfore share the views of that person from 38 years ago. How many among you stil uphold your ideas from 38 years ago? How many existed that long ago?

It's the Republican smear by guilt by association.

Obama had an African father. He must be a cannibal. He will eat your children. Especially if the are white. He'll chuck a spear in you. And so on....and so on...

#29     Oct 12, 2008

10. Hillary Clinton was born of republican parents...hmm so maybe Hillary in her heart is really a republican?

#30     Oct 13, 2008