Palin Turns Out to be Member of the AIP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Sep 1, 2008.

1. The campaign is getting weirder and weirder... why didn't the Republicans vet her?

"The formation and history of the AIP largely revolve around Joe Vogler, a plain-spoken gold miner, non-practicing attorney and charismatic icon of local politics who ran unsuccessfully for governor three times between 1974 and 1986. After getting 4,770 votes and 5% as an independent in the 1974 election -- a race decided by less than 300 votes -- Vogler formed Alaskans for Independence (AFI) in 1978 in order to promote the idea of an "Independent Nation of Alaska."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFY1otOWjQ

What a bunch of nutjobs.

"Our current governor who I mentioned at the last conference, the one we were hoping would get elected, Sarah Palin, did get elected . . . .and there was a lot of talk about her moving up. She was an AIP member before she got the job as mayor . . ."

2. Yeah, weirdest campaign in this country's history... here is another hit about Palin. Besides being a moose hunter and ice fisherman she could also be a...wait for it...computer hacker! This woman has skills. Palin is not the issue though... McCain's judgment is under serious doubt right now.

"Sarah Palin never thought of herself as an investigator.....Yet there she was, hacking uncomfortably into Randy Ruedrich's computer, looking for evidence that the state Republican Party boss had broken the state ethics law while a member of the Alaska Oil & Gas Conservation Commission."

http://weblog.infoworld.com/robertxcringely/archives/2008/09/is_wouldbe_vp_s.html

3. (Facepalm!)

That's a crime, by the way.

This is why you never choose a running mate who's under current investigation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R9wnMVZE_Q

4. It's a crime to look through the computer as advised by the Attorney Generals' office? LOL. This is why you always read the article before responding.

5. When investigating a crime the Attorney General's office requires a warrant. Not just because it's the law, but also because evidence can easily be thrown out without one even if she's within her rights to do so.

And, unlike Kojak, Governors don't do the investigations.

But let's say she was right to fire a guy who refused to fire her brother-in-law, and then let's say she was right to replace him with a guy fired for sexual harassment, and let's say that she was right to belong to a nutty group that wants to secede from the Union -- and lets go further and say that the Republicans clear her of any wrongdoing -- what does this say about McCain's vetting process?

6. I would assume the Attorney General must have known what they were doing. For instance, perhaps that computer was deemed government property, not personal property, and therefore could be searched by the government without a warrant. Either way, I'm comfortable that the Attorney General was more acquainted with the facts than you or I are, and probably acted within the law. Otherwise, I'm sure you would be seeing an investigation of that since it's evidently public knowledge.

If it is determined that she did nothing wrong, then I would assume that what this says is that McCains vetting process worked.

Unless you're trying to say that the vetting process is to rule out anyone who might be the slightest bit controversial, or that someone might dig some stuff up that was not correct. LOL. I mean, havent we discovered some rather controversial stuff regarding Obama, William Ayers, his pastor, etc etc etc.

OldTrader

7. Who can blame Alaskans for wanting to be independent? They'd be nuts not to. If Obama is elected, I predict that organization's membership will explode.

8. Well it was the assistant attorney general, and if he didn't say yes she'd fire him. :)

Undoubtedly that was the argument -- and now look at the mess she's in.

:) Okeeee...

My philosophy would be more like "If she's not acquitted by the Republicans, I will be very, very surprised.

9. I love America so much that I want to secede from the union.

10. Evidently you didn't read the article very closely. She wasn't the governor at the time this "computer hacking" took place. This article was written in 2004. And evidently she was working at the Alaskan Oil and Gas Conservation Committee.

OldTrader

#10     Sep 1, 2008