Palin the Barbarian: The More She Becomes Known to Average Folk, The Worse She'll Do

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 9, 2008.

1. This is what I'm talking about.

I could have gone and linked a million videos of Palin speaking, but didn't even think of it, as I've already heard the insane thing that have come out her mouth while attending a church that 'speaks in tongues.'

I'd expect that even some of you here that are social conservatives would acknowledge that Palin is a sandwich short of a picnic.

I really though economic conservatives would think so.

Palin is waaaaay more extreme in her religious beliefs than Mike Huckabee. And she is so far to the right of McCain that she makes him seem liberal.

No abortions even in cases of rape or incest. That's the tip of the iceberg.

This woman is extreme in every respect.

I honestly do not believe the average voter realizes this fact, yet.

#21     Sep 9, 2008

2. The entire decade Republicans controlled congress and the white house.

Look what that got the americans.

A republican presidential campaign advised, funded and managed by lobbyists.

McCain wins and there will be bribery at a higher level. Lobbyists will own the white house

#22     Sep 9, 2008
  3. And they will identify themselves by not using an apostrophe to express the plural form (i.e., IQs vs. IQ's).

#23     Sep 9, 2008
  4. I'd appreciate you attempting to use a capital “A” in American.

You could've singled out Joe Biden's son since he's a MILLIONAIRE lobbyist. A lobbyist who possibly influenced his fathers vote on the Bankruptcy bill. I have no problem with “lobbying”-it's part and parcel with democratic (small d) legislation. However influence peddling is a different story. Did Bush do it? Of course. Will it change under Obama? Of course not. He's as duplicitous as they come. Whatever happened to his campaign finance pledge? If you want to see lobbying in action look at his still open for business Senate fund. Lobby central.

#24     Sep 9, 2008
  5. :D

I am a serial offender of apostrophe and grammar errors. That's the inherent problem with this profession.. For 20 years the extent of my "writing" was scribbling prices and quantities on a trading card.

#25     Sep 9, 2008
  6. "Here’s where things get weird. Typically political parties crack down on the other party’s donors, not their own. But unlike their financial brethren in the greater securities/investments community, hedge-fund managers are consistent Democratic donors. While the industry overall only shifted its giving to the Democrats in 2006 when a power-shift looked all-but-certain, CRP/Absolute Return data show that hedge funds have favored Democrats for longer and by wider margins. In 2006 hedge funds gave 69 percent of their campaign cash to Democrats (the industry overall was more closely divided at 53-45). They gave 67 percent to Democrats in 2004. In 2002, it was 84 percent."

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MzYyYTcyMmExZThlZTA2NzUzMTVjODExYzhhMGY3YTU=

P.S. Pabst, there you go again. For the love of English, please don't abuse innocent apostrophes unnecessarily. They have rights, too. :D

#26     Sep 9, 2008
  7. jem

jem

confused... no try thoughtful. I was actually confronted with the reality that my actions (if I had taken the job) could result in the death of another.

Now could I kill people in certain circumstances like self defense or defense of family... yes. Do I think that is a good thing.. no but it could be a necessary thing.

Capital punishment is different than abortion. The argument in part is that the citizen may forfeit his rights if he goes around killing others.

I do not have a problem with that line thinking. I am not sure I agree with it but it is rational. I am sure if at the time I was thinking about being a prosecutor someone could have said I would only be trying truly guilty murderers - I might have taken the job.

Homicide should never (or virtually never) be a good thing. But it can be a necessary thing.

#27     Sep 9, 2008
  8. I think you're full of shit.

For months you acted like Joe Libertarian with your alleged "support" of Ron Paul. Now all of a sudden you're disgusted at the "insane" views of Sarah Palin when her stances are identical to Ron Paul's!

Ron Paul's Expressions of Faith:
    In a summary about his faith, Ron Paul writes, "I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator."

Speaking about the First Amendment, Ron Paul says, " Similarly, the mythical separation of church and state doctrine has no historical or constitutional basis. Neither the language of the Constitution itself nor the legislative history reveals any mention of such separation. In fact, the authors of the First amendment ... routinely referred to "Almighty God" in their writings, including the Declaration of Independence. It is only in the last 50 years that federal courts have perverted the meaning of the amendment and sought to unlawfully restrict religious expression."

So which is it.

a. You're duplicitous.

b. You just weren't informed about Dr. Paul and your "support" was mis-guided or

c. Palin is in fact your type of candidate.

#28     Sep 9, 2008
  9. Pabst,

awww, I like Ron Paul.
    However I can say that I'm able to distinguish between different issues and say that I support the views of different people on different issues.

Unfortunately, Ron Paul seems not so trustworthy on issues which are linked to religion...

#29     Sep 9, 2008
  10. Go fuck yourself, Pabst. No self-respecting conservative would ever vote for McCain, and only a lunatic would want Palin anywhere near Washington.

You're a closet Trostkyist. And a closet Herbert Hoover-ist.

And you love Richard Simmons.

[​IMG]

#30     Sep 9, 2008