Palin the Barbarian: The More She Becomes Known to Average Folk, The Worse She'll Do

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Brilliantly written.

#91     Sep 15, 2008
  2. haha gotta love the paraniod isolationist redneck americans.

-------------------------

Obama, McCain, and Palin comparison:

From another board, not mine:

"
    I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."

* Grow up in Alaska field dressing and eating moose, a quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.

* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

* If you want to teach children about sexual predators, you are irresponsible and eroding the fiber of society.

* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system, your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America 's.

* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", has at least one DWI conviction and no college education, didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a political movement that hates America and advocates the secession of Alaska from the USA, and you video taped a greeting for this group, telling them to "keep up the good work" your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now

#92     Sep 15, 2008
  3. Cesko

Cesko

What message board?
    Moveon.org or DailyKos??

#93     Sep 15, 2008
  4. reg

reg

MorontoTrader,

I think the board you visited left out a few minor details, such as William Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, and Tony Rezko.

#94     Sep 15, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

They do that a lot. I think it's not only fuel for their rationalizations and delusion. But it also helps them sleep at night.

#95     Sep 15, 2008
  6. Cesko

Cesko

Plus there was a serious push from both sides of political spectrum here in Illinois to get rid of highly corrupted Stroger-Daley political machine. Obama as a US Senator had the chance to help the process instead he used this clique to his political goals. So basically this self-proclaimed "Agent of change" is as far from reformer as one can get. He is a reactionary.

All those points in Torontotrader's post are so biased,one-sided and basically written in such a way it borders with juvenile.

#96     Sep 15, 2008

7. Feudalism.

#97     Sep 15, 2008