Palin says daughter, 17, pregnant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Sep 1, 2008.

1. :confused: :confused: :confused:

a 14 yr old can get an abortion regardless.

The point is.... PALIN is against abortion even in the case of rape or incest

#21     Sep 1, 2008
  2. This is just more distraction - a distraction that would not even be there if McCain had chosen Romney or Lieberman.

I do not approve of promiscuity that leads to a pregnancy out-of-wedlock. It is a bad example. There are too many compromises on values and decency.

#22     Sep 1, 2008
  3. My guess is that quite a number of the posters here have never had a 17 year old girl. In fact, judging by some of the opinions I read here, I would guess that some of you aren't so much older than that yourselves. LOL.

However, most parents, despite their own philosophies, have had the experience with a teenager who disagrees with nearly all the beliefs of the parent. Makes no difference if they are evangelicals, right to lifers, believers in choice, Republicans, or Democrats.

This says virtually nothing about the parent. The true measure of the parent comes much later, when the teenager becomes 30 years old, and perhaps looks around, surprised-like, and notices how much his/her parents have learned in the last 10 to 15 years. LOL.

This problem with the daughter is a problem that all kinds of people have, and doesn't disqualify you for anything. Geezus, you guys need to get a life.

OldTrader

#23     Sep 1, 2008
  4. That is current law, and a very smart and intelligent law. What is scarey to me is that a woman who believes abortion should only be legal if the mothers life is in danger, and no other circumstances, could be the vp of the country. And with that power she could generate momentum for her cause, and maybe change the current law.

#24     Sep 1, 2008
  5. That's what I said.

I don't know what Palin believes on this, but if she does believe as you say, so what? It's not law. It won't be becoming law either.

You need to get back on bashing her on religion. LOL.

OldTrader

#25     Sep 1, 2008
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Not if Sarah Palin has anything to say about it, and she just might when McInsane's heart gives out and she appoints the next Supreme Court Justice.

See, we pay attention, whether you want us to or not. :p

#26     Sep 1, 2008
  7. OK, then if that's your belief, vote against her.

Personally, I look at all of a candidates beliefs, not just one or two.

For instance, I believe in "choice". But, for me personally, I would not abort....not that at my age it will even be a consideration. But I do believe that people should have the choice...I just think I know what the choice should be.

Either way, it's not the make or break issue in politics for me. Maybe it is for you.

I'm more concerned about things like the basic governmental philosophy....big, centralized governent, or smaller, less intrusive government. I concerned about tax policies. I'm concerned about our national defence policies. These to me are all more important by far than someone's belief on abortion.

OldTrader

#27     Sep 1, 2008
  8. I knew you'd be showing back up. LOL.

Read my above post. It's to you too.

OldTrader

#28     Sep 1, 2008
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

How precious, whenever somebody trips you on an issue, you accuse them of "not looking at the big picture." Well the picture is made of details and those details all matter.

You don't give a rat's ass about reproductive rights, that's fine. But don't say they shouldn't matter to anybody just because they don't matter to YOU. Because that's just plain stupid.

And her stance on women's choice is far from my biggest concern about her anyway. :p

#29     Sep 1, 2008
  10. Yes, they are important issues that you say are big. And Palin from the little I know about her has shown to go after corruption and did not back down. That is noble.
    Her view on abortion which is probably with root in her religion is to me a reflection of someone who can not make a decision based on what is best for someone, but more what is morally acceptable by her beliefs.

#30     Sep 1, 2008