Palin says daughter, 17, pregnant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigdavediode, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Palin says daughter, 17, pregnant

ST. PAUL (Reuters) - The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said on Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child.

Bristol Palin, one of Alaska Gov. Palin's five children with her husband, Todd, is about five months pregnant and is going to keep the child and marry the father, the Palins said in a statement released by the campaign of Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Just when I didn't think the campaign could get any weirder.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topN...?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

2. I'd be surprised if this gets any traction because the age of consent in AK is 16. Therefor, nothing even morally wrong with this picture unless you take the out of wedlock thing. You'd have to toss millions of Americans per year into that category however. Besides, she's gonna marry the guy.

3. Here was a key part of this story:

As you know, this was posted here as well.

OldTrader

4. Gives the term "shotgun wedding" new meaning...
    :D

5. This says nothing about Palin. I'd say the rumors says alot about some of these morons spreading, here and elsewhere.

OldTrader

6. Except, unlike rumors, this came directly from her campaign via Reuters.

How bizarre.

It says that she might drop the 29% evangelical vote which she was brought on board specifically to get. Any ideas why a party which didn't vet its candidate, with a presidential candidate who can't use Google, should be elected? Because I'm at a loss.

7. It absolutely says a lot about Palin. It also tells us something about how conservative social policies often really do not work in the real world.

She has attacked sex education in the schools, saying that it only encourages kids to have sex. Like other naive consevatives, she has stated that sex education is simply a matter of just-saying-no abstinence.

And then her daughter goes out and gets knocked up and plans to enter a shotgun marriage, even though such marriages almost never work (what about the sanctity of marriage?)

I always get a kick out of conservative prudes who want to tell others how to live their lives and then cannot control their own kids. In the case of Larry Craig and Mark Foley, they cannot even control themselves.

8. you think MSNBC is just gona let this go unnoticed?

Anyways.... I think out of his mind McCain likes the story to get out.... to show the religious right just how pro life Palin's family is

9. One thing is sure - the story will get spun by everyone and it has absolutely minimalistic bearings on the direction of the next administration.
    :p

10. thank you.

#10     Sep 1, 2008