Palin Resigns as Gov of Alaska

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hayman, Jul 3, 2009.

#51     Jul 4, 2009
  2. No need for insults Mercor.

#52     Jul 4, 2009
  3. Nanook

Nanook

My 'hunch' is feet #s 11 & 12 are in the oven.

#53     Jul 4, 2009
  4. Mercor

Mercor

I apologize to you for making it personal.

My point is that people think college is the golden ticket and they will pay dearly to go there.
    Obama even wants to make college an entitlement for all students.
    Right now only 40% of minority students ever finish 4 years. Why send more to college?
    Charles Murray writes that collage entrance should be based on IQ. But that idea is a racial nightmare for the liberals.

If the Government would push trade and vocational schooling along with offsite and online collage it would break the cost structure the unions have on higher education.

#54     Jul 4, 2009
  5. Why can't they speculate that something extremely horrible will come out her closet? She has problem of consistences. Not a typical presidential candidate, I believe John chose her to lose the election. People still just don't get it.
    What fuck are you implying here.

#55     Jul 4, 2009
  6. Best post on the whole thread.

#56     Jul 4, 2009
  7. He's not implying anything. He called Sarah Palin a 'revolutionary American politician' last year. It turns out she's a confused, under-educated backbiting small town mayor who anyone with any brains agrees isn't fit to be President of the local PTA, much less President of the United States.

He's not going to admit he's wrong under any circumstances. Thus he makes this statement, which, you'll notice, none of the more level headed members of the right in this thread are rushing to back up.

You should know by now that when a black man was elected to the White House, it was a huge blow for the few admitted racists on here. They are having a very tough time dealing with it. Somewhere deep inside they know that if Sarah Palin somehow wins the Republican nomination in 2012, it virtually assures a second Obama term. As I said, it says a lot about the decline of American hegemony that even in light of what is now understood to be fact, they stick to their position. They'd rather be wrong and strong than admit they made a mistake. Same as in Iraq, right? Leaving was 'surrender' or 'defeat', even if leaving was the only rational alternative.

#57     Jul 4, 2009
  8. Mercor

Mercor

TRaderNik...Do you understand context?
    Number22 was implying the statement about Biden finishing the term of Obama.
    How you got into your babbling rant is beyond me.

I hope you don't read charts the same way you comprehend posts

#58     Jul 4, 2009

9. Thank you for the apology.I respect you and your opinions which is why I have never insulted you

The institutions that educated Obama are superior to the schools that educated Palin.Their educations and listening to them speak and answer questions leads me to believe that Obama is smarter and more qualified for the Job as President

I respect Mitt Romney and might vote for him if he gets the Republican nomination.Romney is Harvard educated and ran a very successful buisness and State Government.Don't be mad with independents such as myself,be mad with the Republicans who nominated a guy who graduated 6th from the bottom of his class,crashed 3 airplanes doing his job and admitted to being clueless on the economy.Be mad at the Republicans who will vote for Palin over Ron Paul and Mitt Romney

I agree college is not the golden ticket for all people and more attention should be paid to vocational training.I have friends with college degrees that are accepting 10 -15 dollar an hour jobs now .All it takes is a 4 month auto or diesel maintenance certificate to get a 20 dollar an hour job changing oil and brakes .1 year of vocational school and 1 year of work experience is all it takes to make 60,000 to 100,000 a year fixing cars and diesels engines.I have a friend that fixes air conditioners that makes over 100,000 a year.More focus should be put on vocational training

#59     Jul 4, 2009
  10. Let's face it . . .

Palin abandoned the State of Alaska.
    She did not finish the job of serving the good people of Alaska.
    She quit.

She just committed political suicide.
    America does not like nor does it embrace quitters.

Anyone that would have voted or supported such a person to occupy an elected position in the Oval Office needs their head examined.

She could barely take the "heat" of a miniscule ethics investigation, among other trivial matters . . . and yet she QUIT her job as Governor of Alaska!!!

Does anyone seriously think that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be "quitting" anytime soon as Governor of California during the current financial tsunami that he is presiding over?

Hell NO!

So what would make one the slightest bit confident that Sarah Palin could take the day to day criticism, second-guessing, and tough decision-making that is required of being the Commander in Chief
    of the United States of America?

Answer: Nothing

#60     Jul 4, 2009