Palin:Obama might declar war to win re-election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MohdSalleh, Feb 7, 2010.

1. i dont care abt palin actually, but i wont put it beyond Obama to do anything.

America and the world is unravelling every minute this bozo is in charge, every morning i wake up read the enws and some country or company is in some sort of financial collapse. If we had let everything washed out, we would be at the end of the recession by now , but Obama needs to get relected, and he will do anything to keep the charade going, at the cost of of millions of human lives, at the cost of millions of our financial futures, I do not know how this man can sleep at night.

#31     Feb 8, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

You should expand your reading. The world's leading indicators are rising and, anecdotally, my sales from Houston to Calgary confirm it.

#32     Feb 8, 2010
  3. Wallet

Wallet

On Washington,

After researching Washington's life, Dr. Tim LaHaye wrote: “Our first President was a godly man of humble character and sterling commitment to God. William White reports of his sincere piety in 'Washington Writings':

"'It seems proper to subjoin to this letter what was told to me by Mr. Robert Lewis, at Fredricksburg, in the year 1827. Being a nephew of Washington, and his private secretary during the first part of his presidency, Mr. Lewis lived with him on terms of intimacy, and had the best opportunity for observing his habits. Mr. Lewis said that he had accidentally witnessed his private devotions in his library both morning and evening; that on those occasions he had seen him in a kneeling posture with a Bible open before him, and that he believed such to have been his daily practice.'”

Tim LaHaye, Faith of Our Founding Fathers (Brentwood, Tennessee: Wolgemuth & Hyatt, Publishers, Inc., 1987), p. 103.

While encamped on the banks of a river, Washington was approached by Delaware Indian chiefs who desired that their youth be trained in American schools. In Washington's response, he first told them that "Congress... will look on them as on their own children.". He then commended the chiefs for their decision:

"You do well to wish to learn our arts and our ways of life and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are. Congress will do everything they can to assist you in this wise intention"

George Washington's Speech to Delaware Indian Chiefs on May 12, 1779, in John C. Fitzpatrick, editor, The Writings of George Washington, Vol. XV (Washinton: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1932), p. 55.

#33     Feb 8, 2010
  4. Wallet

Wallet

#34     Feb 8, 2010
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Trendlover,
    You have the right to worship whomever or whatever you wish, you have that freedom of choice. My personal views have no bearing on your right to do so. What I dislike very much is the attempt to rewrite the history of our great nation, to the standards of present day ethics and morality, where right and wrong is determined by the populist vote and not what foundationally ought to be.

The original Colonists fled England from religious persecution by the Church of England; these settlers were Puritans, based on the principals of Christianity. Just like other nations whose populations are centered on other religions, Hinduism, Muslim, ect….. The US was religiously founded on Christianity, it’s precepts and values are woven into it’s original documents, “One Nation under God…………ect.”

Adams in his Independence speech” We have this day [Fourth of July] restored the Sovereign to whom all men ought to be obedient. He reigns in Heaven, and from the rising to the setting of the sun, let His Kingdom come.”

Washington :The Thanksgiving Proclamation
    “It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor.”

I can go to hundreds of quotes from the founding fathers that deal with Christian matters. Today though there’s this attempt to rewrite God completely out of this Country’s history and paint its founding fathers as secular, which is the complete opposite of the truth.

You need to understand where they came from, to understand their motives.

Although my personal beliefs would say contrary, I’m not trying to force Christianity on anyone. However the people that founded this nation based their faith and religion on the Bible and no other.

It would be like trying to take the Koran out of Iran’s history, the Torah out of Israel’s, or Confucius out of China’s.

Regards,

#35     Feb 8, 2010
  6. Ok, Gabfly said this,

---------------------------------------------------------------------Then Wallet said this,

Quote from Wallet:
    The US was founded on the protection of the church from the state.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------Then Gabfly show this link http://www.anotherperspective.org/advoc550.html

And this link have this quotes,

I have examined all the known superstitions of the Word, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world ...

The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind ... to filch wealth and power to themselves. [They], in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ.
    Thomas Jefferson

The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes; fools and hypocrites. To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.
    Thomas Jefferson

Accustom a people to believe that priests and clergy can forgive sins ... and you will have sins in abundance. I would not dare to dishonor my Creator's name by [attaching] it to this filthy book [the Bible].
    Thomas Paine

For here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate error so long as reason is free to combat it.
    Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God.
    Thomas Jefferson

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
    Thomas Jefferson

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon than the Word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind.
    Thomas Paine

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
    Thomas Paine

My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
    Thomas Paine

Let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religions.
    George Washington

Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be deprecated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society.
    George Washington, letter to Edward Newenham, October 20, 1792; from George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: Citadel Press, 1983, p. 726]

There is nothing which can better deserve our patronage than the promotion of science and literature. Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness.
    George Washington, address to Congress, 8 January, 1790
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

So I see the countrys founding fathers who want people to have freedom to religion, but do not want religion to make rules and law.

#36     Feb 8, 2010
  7. CO you damn well know the repups won't nominate anyone who wear's magic underroos. They'd rather vote for the satanic Barack and allow him to fulfill his destiny as anti-Christ and leader of underworld on earth.

Silly.

#37     Feb 8, 2010