Palin family car wash shut down?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JA_LDP, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jem

jem

His wife's and his preachers comments made him a "no way will I risk this country's future by voting for him".

Now I have to be concerned that this VP choice is potentially whacked as well.

#31     Sep 3, 2008
  2. jem

jem

well whacked or not - she is going to president some day unless she screws up. That was an amazing speech.

#32     Sep 4, 2008
  3. So funny, everyone rags on Obama for giving such great speeches, saying little substance,and now the same people praise Palin for being able to read a teleprompter. Oh well, can't really expect much more these days.

I think her future chances are being undermined by this attempt, but, as we've seen, who the hell knows anymore. We have turned into a total Alice in Wonderland country lately. What's up is down, and all that.

c

#33     Sep 4, 2008
  4. yes...BUT 27 MILLION for a population of less than 9000:eek: isn't that a tad greedy....Alaska has no state income tax but goes after the rest of US to help support its population? Alaska is #1 in per capita Fed aid?

#34     Sep 4, 2008
  5. ak15

ak15

Surprise! Surprise!

#35     Sep 4, 2008
  6. Not filing is against the rules, been there done that, the fine taught me not to do it again. But for the basic issue of the car wash , I don't think it makes a rats ass in the big picture. Your statement it happens every day is true and it's no big deal, except for the person who has to pay the fine.

#36     Sep 4, 2008
  7. As you know, these rules are all according to state law. So I speak only for my state. In my state, the "penalty" is a very large late fee, that gets bigger the later you are. Of course, that only makes a difference if you continue in business. If you don't, you don't pay. That's why I said it was no big deal.

OldTrader

#37     Sep 4, 2008
  8. i think it has to do with repubs inserting religion into politics. people get tired of listening to religious hypocrits who cant walk the walk but never stop talking the talk.

#38     Sep 4, 2008
  9. jem

jem

I just want to point out - I do not think too many people are saying Palin is ready to be president.

I think she has a good chance of being one though after that speech last night.

She basically showed hillary what hillary should have been. (in terms of giving a speech.) Hillary's problem is that she comes off as a stiff, insincere and mean. I wonder why.

-----
    Unfortunately I agree too many republicans have come off as hypocrits and pretend conservatives.

But, the reason religion has become such a big deal is because of liberals using the courts to legislate from the bench.

It caused southern dems, evanglicals, born agains and Catholics to unite on issues such as abortion.

Had the dems not tried to weave together a constituency of perverts and losers as well as the more legitimate left groups the right would not have united so easily.

Many southern evangelicals are not particular fond of "papists". In short if the left had not been pushing radical agendas the right would not have united the way it has.

Many Catholics and southern dems would still be dems.

#39     Sep 4, 2008