Palin family car wash shut down?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JA_LDP, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Every time you post, you confirm that you are part of the 20th percentile. Time for you to stop playing on the computer, and go eat some vegemite.

#21     Sep 3, 2008
  2. Actually you're not correct.

What these particular fees and "business taxes" have in common is that they are both levied by the state.

However, the penalty for not paying the fee is that the right to use the corporation (or the LLC in this case) is terminated. In the case of a tax, the tax would still be due even if the business organization were terminated.

As Jem alluded to, taxes on LLC income could be the responsibility of the members, OR the LLC could be taxed as a corporation. It's an option. If it were taxed as a corporation then the individual members might not be responsible for taxes due.

However, again, what we're talking about here is not taxes. It's fees.

OldTrader

#22     Sep 3, 2008
  3. Why are people missing the obivous?

Palin ran a business that made no money...

That is not really what someone wants in a president, is it?

A business that makes no money?

Too funny...

So like GW she is a failed businessman...err woman.

#23     Sep 3, 2008
  4. Evidently you didn't get the story. She didn't "run the business". She was a minority partner. An investor.

I'm guessing though that no Democrat ever lost any money in a business deal did they??? LOL. Anyone remember Whitewater by the way?

OldTrader

#24     Sep 3, 2008
  5. Another absent minded business owner...

#25     Sep 3, 2008
  6. Obama has ties to every corrupt politician in Illinois and the terrorist William Ayers and rev. wright and Tony Rezko.

The Democrats should steer clear of any guilt by association tactics, they will lose badly.

#26     Sep 3, 2008
  7. So you know all the corrupt politicians in Illinois, both republican and democrat?

Not surprised...

#27     Sep 3, 2008
  8. It's a heavily Democratic state so it's probably 99% corrupt democrats and 1% corrupt republicans.

If you could put down dianetics for a minute and take yourself off of the e meter you could do some research on the subject.

Auditing.

#28     Sep 3, 2008
  9. You must be in the know, because you said "every corrupt" politician in Illinois.

Heavily democratic state that means 99% corrupt dems and 1% corrupt repubs.

Of course, sure.

#29     Sep 3, 2008
  10. I've stayed out of this Palin discussion primarily because of the complete absurdity of it. I can suppose that she's fine, and loves God, probably the evangelical ilk, and loves kids, has a few, is anti-abortion, as I am. But, come on, don't you think she is simply put in this position because she can easily be thrown under the bus without casualties to any significant, legitimate Republican contenders.

I hope that as a Nation we can get past all this extreme evangelical involvement, just for the sake of recapturing a base that has pretty much been decimated over the last few years. Pandering to this group is being done somewhat by both parties, as is the rock throwing about whose preacher is worse than the other.

I was sent this little tidbit today. A bit disconcerting.

"Also, for this country, that our leaders - our national leaders - are sending [US soldiers] out on a task that is from God.

"That's what we have to make sure," added Palin, an evangelical Christian. "That's [what] we're praying for - that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

Palin, 44, delivered the speech at the church where she has attended services for most of her life.

During the speech, she asked those in the audience to pray over another controversial issue - a $30 billion national gas pipeline project she wanted built in Alaska.

"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," she said.

So, we're to pray for God's work in Iraq, and pray for PIPELINES?

And then yet another preacher in touch with someone's God. And seems to now which party allows salvation, come on, this is bit whacky don't you think?

Ed Kalnins - the church's senior pastor since 1999 - has preached that critics of President Bush will go directly to hell. Although the church took its Web site down yesterday, Kalnins' sermons are widely available on Google video.

But, as is always seems here on ET, most have to go with the party line or koolaid or whatever euphenism is called for. I may still be crazy, but I would rather see Americans discuss all this rather than making a decision first, based on the hype from the major parties bullshit. Not much chance of that happening.

The same arguments that R used vs. D, now being used by D vs. R. Man, come on. Experience? Qualifications? Dems bring on Biden to offset perceived lack of experience. Reps bring on a complete unknown evangelical to reach a base of some sort.

Hammering each other with the same tired old crap. I guess the bad guys really did win, not just with 9/11 but with the whole damn world view. We lanquish in hatred and contempt Red vs. Blue. Man, sure not the America that I grew up with.

c

:( :(

#30     Sep 3, 2008