Palin family car wash shut down?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JA_LDP, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jem

jem

oldtrader did attack the story and his logic was correct.

The whole point of an llc is in the name Limited liability company.

It is not the individual on the hook - it is a separate entity.

#11     Sep 2, 2008
  2. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

how am i the moron? i'm not even giving you my opinion. all i'm doing is posting what i see and hear. you need to set the story straight if you say all these article are wrong...

#12     Sep 2, 2008

3. Does anyone here in their right mind open a business and NOT KNOW how it is faring?

To the extreme of NOT KNOWING that the business YOU partly OWN has not paid taxes?

And to top it all off, the person is being appointed to the second most powerful office.

If you own a business, do you not expect to be updated on its status regularly?

The type of logic that states otherwise is unfathomable.

Has the effect of pro-longed multi-generational inbreeding amongst the american right impacted your intellect to such significant levels that you people can not grasp the simplest of logic?

#13     Sep 2, 2008
  4. You yourself admitted your first post was wrong. Obviously your title for the thread is wrong. Then you went on from there posting more crap from the Daily Kos.

Here's what bothered me...you throw a story out there that you don't know for a fact (by the way, even Daily Kos does that), and the next thing you know it's racing around the internet. There's a liberal feeding frenzy going on, if you didn't notice. And you played a small part in that.

That bothers me. It should bother you.

OldTrader

#14     Sep 2, 2008
  5. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

just sent Joe a pm to change the title for me.

#15     Sep 2, 2008

6. This is the problem with the left. They bend over too easily.

The right wing would have made this story into a "chain of gas stations".

The fact is she owned a business which never paid taxes.

You can argue what color the building was or what type of business it was or how it was set up.

However the fact remains she owned a business which never paid taxes.

#16     Sep 2, 2008
  7. For a guy telling other people to "shut the fuck up", you certainly seem to do alot of talking about things you obviously know nothing about.

First, if you are the non-managing member of an LLC, it's entirely possible that you might not know where the LLC stood, because you hadn't been provided a report by the Managing member. It happens all the time.

Next, this story had absolutely nothing to do with taxes. It had to do about not filing a registration form, and paying the fees associated with that. Please get your facts straight. If you fail to file the form and pay the fees, you are no longer entitled to conduct business in the state.

Since this is all unfathomable to you, perhaps you should have restrained yourself from posting about it.

OldTrader

#17     Sep 2, 2008
  8. Bzzzzzz. Nothing to do with taxes, you idiot.

OldTrader

#18     Sep 2, 2008

9. umm, not really It does not happen "all the time".

A review of Palin's gubernatorial disclosure filings indicates that she failed to report her stake in the company on the form that requires candidates for governor to disclose any interest in a nonpublicly traded company.

A governor, of all people, "forgets" she owns a business.

Yet another ding on her lack of good judgement.

A Feb. 11, 2007 letter to the governor's business partner advises that the car wash had "not filed its biennial report and/or paid its biennial fees," which were more than a year overdue.

"Fees" are a euphemistic term for hidden business taxes. So yes, I am correct when I state she did not pay her business taxes.

This girl got to be governor by sheer circumstance. Right place at the right time. She has absolutely nothing to qualify her as VP material.

Except for one little issue. She is against abortion.

She has no self control, does not use contraception and breeds like a rabbit. She is obviously a lousy parent given that her own daughter is pregnant with a bastard child.

If all parents were like her, the US would be the most populated nation on earth.

Welcome to the land of the christian taliban. You either think like them or you're seen as the enemy.

Your line of arguments trying to support and defend this nit-wit of a governor from a po-dunk state only makes you look more silly than you already are.

#19     Sep 3, 2008
  10. jem

jem

Fees can be the entity's registration fees.

It was could have been a pass through entity - so if taxes were due on income - it would have been the responsibility of the members.

#20     Sep 3, 2008