Palin Chides Christie for Calling Gingrich ‘Embarrassment’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 24, 2012.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/n...ords-for-christie-after-gingrich-remarks.html

Palin Chides Christie for Calling Gingrich ‘Embarrassment’

Forget that she hails from a far less densely populated state; with all her moxie, Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor, could easily be mistaken for a Jersey girl.

And on Monday night, she took on New Jersey’s blunt-talking governor, her fellow Republican Chris Christie, declaring that he had gotten “his panties in a wad” in a “rookie mistake” that reflected a “lack of self discipline.”

Mr. Christie is the most prominent surrogate for Mitt Romney, who now finds himself locked in an increasingly caustic duel for the Republican presidential nomination with Newt Gingrich.

Since Mr. Gingrich’s big victory in the South Carolina primary on Saturday, Mr. Christie has become more aggressive in his attacks, and Sunday on “Meet the Press,” he said that Mr. Gingrich “has been an embarrassment” to the Republican Party.

On Fox Business Network on Monday night, Ms. Palin, who catapulted from obscurity after being chosen as her party’s vice-presidential nominee in 2008, insisted that it was Mr. Christie who had perhaps embarrassed himself.

“Poor Chris,” Ms. Palin said. “This was a rookie mistake. He played right into the media’s hands. The host had asked Chris, ‘Does Newt embarrass the party?’ I think he asked him twice, and there, Chris played right into it.”

“You know,” she added, “sometimes, if your candidate loses in just one step along this path, as was the case when Romney lost to Newt the other night — and, of course, Romney is Chris Christie’s guy — well, you kind of get your panties in a wad, and you may say things that you regret later. And I think that that’s what Chris Christie did.”

Ms. Palin resigned from the governor’s office a year before the end of her first term, and declined to run for president this year. She has not endorsed a candidate herself, but her husband, Todd, has endorsed Mr. Gingrich.

Ms. Palin said Mr. Christie, a first-term governor, had yet to learn that reporters would try to “goad” him into making comments that would play into the hands of Democrats if Mr. Gingrich became the nominee.

On Tuesday, when asked to comment on Ms. Palin’s comments at a town-hall-style meeting in Bridgewater, N.J., Mr. Christie was uncharacteristically terse and took a pass, according to an account on a Web site.

“I don’t have any comment about Sarah Palin,” Mr. Christie said. “At all.”

2. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, i would love to see Christie and Palin go head on. Palin would get absolutely decimated. She should know her role, and shut her mouth.

3. Well, it's not clear what her role is.

She maybe could have taken her own advice about saying things about other republicans that the media could use, but I did think Christie went a bit over the line on Meeet the Press.

Romney needs to take the high road with Gingrich. He should stick to attacking Obama, and let his surrogates point out the stuff about Newt, but i don't think they need to characterize it.

A lot of people still have gratitude to Newt and give him credit for turning around a losing culture in the congress. He made mistakes, but he was also attacked 24/7 by fanatical democrats like Pelosi. The Ethics Committee thing was a particular example, where they brought a huge number of patently false charges and some weak-willed republicans on the Committee gave in and compromised on one charge. They set out to ruin Newt because he had brought down former Speaker Jim Wright over a sleazy book deal, and they ended up suceeding because republicans lack backbone.

4. Brass

Brass

That should have always been her role.

5. Max E.

Max E.

No argument from me.... Its funny how the 2 biggest embarassments to the party (gingrich, and Palin) managed to hook up, and its even funnier that Palin felt like giving political advice to Christie. :D

6. Brass

Brass

Yes, eh? Some Right Wingers just can't seem to help thinking they know more than they actually do... :D

7. ================
    Thanks;
    and i do have a comment on Govornor Sara Palin. She is attractive ,Christian, media savvy, good shot with a rife, NRA member, Christian-conservative ............................................................................:cool: