Palin allies report rising campaign tension

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 25, 2008.

1. I'm not anti-science at all but I'm STRONGLY opposed to the United States Federal government earmarking money to science. Render unto Caesar what is Caesars. This is why we can't balance budgets without confiscatory tax rates. If the California farmer is bummed about fruit flies then the California Growers Association or some such group can finance all the studies they want. I'd like to run some fractal studies and I need thousands of dollars in hard to find price data. Maybe Uncle Sam will grant an earmark to me.

Big Pharma has all the incentive and resources in the world to find "cures." The Federal government has never cured an ill since it was formed.....

#21     Oct 25, 2008

2. My wife is working on a PhD in computer science. Anybody who has any frigging idea about how money is spent in universities and the corruption surrounding grants is both horrified and disgusted. I've never seen so much waste in my life.
    90 % of federal money is used to fly "professors" to conferences in the Carribean ans pay for their hotel bills.
    Against it as well.

#22     Oct 25, 2008
  3. Then take a stand and opt out of any health care discovery that was brought to you by government funding. Just say "no" on principle.

If enough people demonstrate and take a courageous stand like you and Pabst, the funding will stop.

#23     Oct 25, 2008
  4. She made those remarks in an interview with a Pastor not to the NYT......

#24     Oct 25, 2008
  5. Care to name those "health care discoveries" that saved my life through government funding ?

#25     Oct 25, 2008
  6. Vaccines, certain MRI's, chemotherapy -- nothing you have to worry about.

Just opt out. Take a stand.

#26     Oct 25, 2008
  7. huh

huh

Thats true but in an election this tight she has to know that she is a media target and anything she says to anyone will be broadcast everywhere. I understand that she is trying to play to her current audience, who at the time was a pastor....but you can do the butt kissing in a way that isn't so over the top. The risk/reward here doesn't make sense.

You do a lot of butt kissing to the pastor who isn't really going to net too many additional votes, but if you come across as a religious nut job you can potentially lose a lot more votes. So why take the chance of sounding like a bible thumper. Just play it safe and down the middle to appease the pastor that "she's down with Jesus." That way you appease the church and you don't give any new fodder to the liberal side of the press to paint her as a religious nut job. She has to know that all of her interviews regardless of the setting will get broadcast and torn apart by the NYT, Oberman, etc.

This is the type of stuff that she needs to learn if she wants to be president.

#27     Oct 25, 2008
  8. but wait! wouldn't that rule out most modern medicines? Pabst would be stuck with, with....LEECHES!

#28     Oct 25, 2008
  9. Discovered by the military , pure chance then private concerns stepped in.
    certainly not though the B $ grants the gov gives them now

#29     Oct 25, 2008
  10. I agree. Unlike Obama she left her "politically incorrect" Pentecostal church a half dozen years ago....

#30     Oct 25, 2008