Palin allies report rising campaign tension

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 25, 2008.

1. so lemme get this straight-- god cares about OUR presidential election, but doesn't give a rat's ass about the millions of people in africa who basically eat mud because there is no food? because those priorities don't seem to be that of any god I've heard of.

#11     Oct 25, 2008
  2. Last time I checked independents voters are s small slice of America, and most American are believers. Independents are fine with "In God's hands"....now stuff like "Jesus walked with dinosaurs", that's what creeps people out.
    "in God's hands" has 0 net effect on polls

#12     Oct 25, 2008
  3. The people in Africa are poor because they did it to themselves (that's another debate for another thread.) God cares about them as much as he cares about us, but God won't help who won't help themselves.
    "In God's hands" doesn't mean that God is managing their campaign, it means that God is omnipotent and can shake things up in a second and change the dynamics of the race in a second.
    Thank you for not being a cynic

#13     Oct 25, 2008
  4. you seem to be able to read god's mind. good job by you-- i'm sure this helps with your trading! how specifically did these people "do it to themselves" they were born to a barren part of the world and are products of that environment.

#14     Oct 25, 2008
  5. Mercor

Mercor

God's hand = Fate
    .......ie...out of our direct control.

If you sneeze and hear , God bless you...would you lash out at that person and question the truthism of those words.

Many references to God are benign. It is just a bad American habit

#15     Oct 25, 2008
  6. huh

huh

For being a small slice, the independent voters sure seem to have a big impact on the elections so I would consider them important. This Gods hands thing was pointed out to me by a couple of people at work that are independents, they are joking about it. The point is that she is giving plenty of fodder to the media to twist her words in ways that come across sounding stupid and comical.....which in effect makes the whole McCain camp out to be a joke. So "In God's hands" might not sway the polls but it just adds more fodder in peoples minds that she is a joke which impacts the Repub ticket negatively.

I'm trying to give down sides to an Obama presidency to these people but everytime Palin opens her mouth it just gets tougher! She just needs to shut up for the next few days and stick to her hockeymom schtick since I still think McCain will win this but a small margin and the last thing he needs is Palin saying something to really put off the independents.

#16     Oct 25, 2008
  7. #17     Oct 25, 2008
  8. Let me compare this to trading since you brought it up. That's why you look at 15 min charts AND follow macro economic indicators.

The poor kids have Zero guilt in the whole mess, till he grows up and has 4 children with 4 different women. and the cycle starts again.

Believing in God doesn't conflict with a rational view of the world, intelligence or trading.

#18     Oct 25, 2008
  9. Well,

1-- She is stupid
    2-- McCain is a cancer survivor and 72 year old.

So, I guess she's an important part of the decision. it's quite likely that McCain might be unable to conduct his duties and she ends up president. a very scary thought.

This lady can't hold her own against Putin. Sorry
    McCain screwed up big time with her choice

#19     Oct 25, 2008
  10. huh

huh

#20     Oct 25, 2008