pairs trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by renegade trader, Aug 1, 2007.

1. I am debating if I should start trading again. I made good money trading pairs 2000-2003. any advice?

2. Rg trader
    Can you give a exp of a pair trading - ?
    A live example and how you made money in it
    A lot of people i know are talking about pair trading .:confused:

3. If you were making good money, why did you stop trading?

4. i stopped because at the time i had stopped making money. I am wondering if its a good time to get back in the game of pairs trading?

5. There are hundreds of ways to make money trading.

Pairs trading is one. If that's the style you prefer, then by all means jump back in.

Best of luck.

P.S.-- Don Bright should be here soon to tell you about PairCo.

6. Lots of things working in this market. As longhorns suggested.

If you're a pair investor, not a great environment, IMO. Takeovers are oh so painful, and there is a strong tendency for pairs to strongly trend in one direction or the other for an extended period of time.

7. where is don on this thread? a question on pairs trading.. one of your favorite strategies.. any suggestions?

8. Beast84

Beast84

What is Pairs Trading????????

9. Sorry guys...you can start here for some basics.

www.pairtrader.com

What is Pair Trading?
    Pair trading, also known as statistical arbitrage or spread trading, is a strategy that allows the trader to capture anomalies, relative strength or even fundamental differences on two stocks or baskets while maintaining a market neutral position. This powerful trading strategy once used only by large institutional investors and hedge funds has been adapted for implementation in your taxable trading accounts. Market neutrality has never been more important, as it allows ....http://www.pairtrader.com/subject2.html

Feel free to send me any questions via PM or to email donbright@brighttrading.net

Always glad to help,

Don

10. gtgtgt3

gtgtgt3

#10     Aug 2, 2007