Pair Trading Platform

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Rehoboth, Feb 13, 2009.

1. bone

bone

The IB software (and Redi 8.1) waits for the condition to be satisfied and executes both legs simultaneously through smart order routing.

Credit Suisse and UBS have dedicated servers that actively works spread leg orders in the market place.

#21     Mar 15, 2009

2. Thanks Murray for the detailed example. :)

#22     Mar 16, 2009
  3. HTx Pro

HTx Pro

Hello all,

I was reading this thread and saw that TOMU mentioned Happy Trader. Thank you TOM.
    Happy Trader does still exist and is now named HTx Pro. www.htxpro.com

HTX's specialty is Pairs/Spread Trading (Stat arb, Risk/Merger arb, Long/Short trading, Dollar Neutral spreads/ratios spreads, Structured arb, Multi legged pairs and cross-border arb) and has been in the making since the late 90’s.

For more info or a demo of our product, please feel free to contact us at 718 267-0385 or sales@htxpro.com

Thanks,
    Steve K

#23     Mar 17, 2009
  4. We have some stat-arb guys that made our developers build some custom ODO orders (one dependent on other) and bunch of other tools for trading pairs, through modding laser.

PM me - maybe i can put u intouch if that's something that you need.

#24     Mar 19, 2009
  5. Is there anybody on this forum using these for equities ... how reliable are they?

#25     Jul 13, 2009
  6. we run a server based strategy and they are quite good; many times faster than I thought they should be.

In terms of nice equity spreaders and basket trading software.....Goldman can give you a spreader enablement on their Redi+ front-end that is stellar on the equities side.

#26     Jul 13, 2009
  7. nebulous

nebulous

I think the earlier post ment Fidessa (not finessa). Fidessa, ORC and the others all should be very reliable. I have experience with ORC - reliability for equities is fantastic, but for the money it should be. ORC Trader (much less liquidator) and Fidessa have a lot more functionality than the OP has asked for but don't really work as a retail level solution he's looking for - I believe ORC's cheapest solution is over $4000/month.

#27     Jul 13, 2009
  8. I have talked with the Orc reps and their solution would be overkill for retail. There must be another solution provider that offers similar functionality without the hefty price tag.

#28     Jul 14, 2009
  9. tigerwu

tigerwu

you can also try GL trade, they may have this feature. Is ORC that expensive now? I used to pay 2k a month for the ORC trader. I don't think they have a FIX solution for IB. BTW, you may still be able to soft dollar your execution platform.

#29     Jul 14, 2009
  10. HTXPRO sounds like one to look into for pairs and stat/arb trading.

#30     Jul 17, 2009