Pair for KLAC

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Eldredge, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

Can anyone suggest a NAS stock to pair with KLAC? The obvious choices would be AMAT or NVLS, but I already trade them as a pair. I would like to trade KLAC, but I am having a hard time finding a good stock to pair it with. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Any other NAS pairs you like trading would be interesting to look at too. Thanks for any help.

2. Hubert

Hubert

NVLS or maybe QLGC

3. MXIM

4. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks for the replies. I am already using NVLS and MXIM in other pairs. I will take a look at QLGC. Any other suggestions?

5. VRTS

6. Sometimes I trade the slower laggard semis like ALTR, XLNX, NVDA off KLAC. But of course, big moves in KLAC will cause big moves in the SOX, and therefore cause smaller moves in the slower laggards. Not sure this is exactly what you're looking for, but I've found they're extremely low risk plays on good size for a pretty good reward.

I've tried trading QLGC off KLAC/NVLS/etc, but I've found that QLGC seems to have a mind of its own. It's like the defiant stepchild of the SOX. I hate getting whipped around in that stock.

7. SamW

SamW

LRCX

8. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks for all of the replies, you have given me some good information. I appreciate the help.

9. dumtom

dumtom

Can someone explain a bit more about this pair trading stagey? I think I get the overall jist of it but any details would be helpful. Like how do you choose pairs and so forth. Thanks

They don't call me dumtom 4 notin

10. TG

TG

I trade KLAC and QLGC as a pair. Range of late KLAC over QLGC by 5 to KLAC under QLGC by 2. Mostly intraday, just let the analysts talk, wait for relationship to bend and go the other way when extremes are met and trend starts to flip. God bless analysts for being so inept and for those who actually trade off their words.

#10     Oct 25, 2002