Paint Bar Factory Squeeze setups

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rolextrader, Oct 3, 2008.

1. https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=14439&Page=11

The squeeze indicator is available free on the TradeStation forum. It predates even the TTM version so how could you have coded it???

I guess changing the name takes a lot of effort.

#11     Oct 9, 2008
  2. PBF

PBF

Sigh......... I guess asking people to get the facts right is too much to ask!? I purposely named my indicator "Squeeze", the same as the other Squeeze, and the reason why is on my website, at the very top of the "Indicator" page. If only you have spent a minute to investigate..... There are charts of comparison posted on the website between my Squeeze and the other Squeeze as well, side by side. http://www.paintbarfactory.com/Indicators.php

"Many have asked what the differences are between our Squeeze indicator and the other popular and well-known Squeeze that's been out there for years....... The simple answer is: .... Our Squeeze indicator has absolutely nothing to do with the other Squeeze except for the name and similar formation (lines, dots, histograms, green, red, what else can you do?) We thought about using a different name, but we figured people will still think this is the same Squeeze indicator, why not go head to head with them from the beginning, so you can see what the differences really are? The idea and calculation behind our Squeeze is brand new. It does not employ the Momentum or CCI indicator, which are okay but not precise and responsive enough for our tastes. The "traditional" Bollinger Band/Keltner Channel idea that plots the middle line is kept alive if you choose 2 for "style" under "format technical analysis", but we no longer use it in our trading. This idea sounds very attractive in theory, but if you really think about it and examine the charts, both Bollinger Band and Keltner Channels are lagging indicators. By the time the Bollinger Band moves inside the Keltner Channel, the market would have been moving sideways for at least a few bars. What's worse is when the Bollinger Band moves outside of the Keltner Channel, the market has been moving for at least a few bars. If you enter positions then, that means you are a few bars too late. For this reason, we have re-designed the middle line, which has made tremendous differences in our trading, especially in the counter-trend mode.

Let us try to explain the differences in detail since this is the most asked question!

1. Histogram: ....................
    2. Middle Line: .....................
    3. Counter Trend Mode: ......................
    4. Trading Rules: ................"

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. #13     Oct 9, 2008
  4. I think it would be more appropiate to stick to ones practical experince with any trading system...Unfortunately most morons who inject into these theads should not even attempt to trade but save there food stamps and go support there favorite stripper who cant even make tipout... and by .the way I had 9 years of experience dealing with bi-polars and maniacs at a gentlemans club I owned.. If anyone took the time to see charts on the site it points our specific differences fron Carters squeeze ,,,EMAs and I tunnel are color specifc for the trend along with other indicators that could help support decisions ..Ive seen the Carter squeeze and it is not at all the same in its actual imputs.. some of us actually are here to learn and share real time experience and become better traders... Lets try to keep this to anyone who has used the PBF indicactor set along with their Holy Grail indicator for their trading....Hopefully we can encourage PBF to continue to post here because there is no reason to link him or her to Roger F.. Afshin... tim Chow and other proven imposters.

#14     Oct 9, 2008