Paid to Trade

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by smoothsmooth, Sep 30, 2005.

1. buylo

buylo

Some prop firms have analysts to work squack box during the day. We have 2. They watch the headlines and present some opinions. They get paid a salary and sometimes put small positions on. You could certainly stay in tune with the markets while gradually getting back into things. I don't know what firms are in Canada, but just a suggestion.

Good Luck.

#11     Sep 30, 2005
  2. You are in the tough bind. Where / when did you get your MBA from? Toronto is a tough place to break into finance, since that the Bay Street is dominated by a few large firms and very few smaller and med-sized firms. The hedge fund / fund management industry is also significantly smaller than it is in NY / Boston / Chicago.

Infinium will be a payout setup type of environment. Since you passed your CFA Lvl 3, there might be some junior analyst role available to you. If you are intereted in the US, I can get you a few places to call. Toronto, I know that Ontario Hydro Generation was hiring energy traders actively a while back, I know a couple of people that got hired there. Other than that I know very little going on. There is a prop team that was a part of Manulife that is looking for a home, not sure where they ended up.

Let me know,

Rufus

#12     Sep 30, 2005
  3. You work at Hold in jersey city?

#13     Sep 30, 2005
  4. buylo

buylo

ITG/DE Trading in Chicago.

#14     Sep 30, 2005
  5. Lol, I wasnt even close with that one :D

#15     Sep 30, 2005
  6. Bartend or wait tables, for now. Just don't get stuck and up a 33 yr old looser like I am. I was walking with 950-1400 a week take home for 4 nites work ,28 hours total a week.+ benifits and profit sharing. It was awsome, too bad the new owners trashed the place and now I only make 500 tops and no benifits. ASS*&%$ for the same hours but at least I have the day free to trade and make just enough to get by. The thing that worries me now is when I was making the good money I was always saving money so a bad week in the market was no big deal. Now it's scared money. I have a friend walking with 2,000 a week as a bartender, man I want his job, and I could have had it too. I was offered that position back a wile ago but I was making the aformentioned figure and did'nt want to mess with anything on a new job.
    BAD TRADE.

#16     Sep 30, 2005
  7. Try this:www.collective2.com
    There are some winners there. Maybe you can make some money with them.

#17     Sep 30, 2005
  8. You could always work 9-5 and trade forex at night.

#18     Sep 30, 2005
  9. Sleeping is overated anyways :D

#19     Sep 30, 2005
  10. sulli

sulli

#20     Sep 30, 2005