Pacific Time Zone traders

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Scarab_LA, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Scarab_LA

Scarab_LA

So we trade Forex which is almost always open. But the problem is that the busiest time (and best time for intraday traders) is midnight to 8 am.

I am wondering what hours other pst's trade. Do you stay up late? Get up early? Trade all night? Or are some of you turtle traders who make infrequent trades during quiet times?

I normally trade 5am to 9am, then keep my eyes open until the NY close.

Scarab

2. Scarab: Round the clock apart from sleeping (only when desperately needed).

trade

3. When I lived on the west coast I slept from 2pm to 10pm. Was at my computer by 10:20pm to prep for the European open. I would quit at noon or one. Some day I will live in Europe and get up at a normal hour. :D

4. Did the all night thing for a long time. It would fry my brain too much.

Now I only trade the US open, which I like better anyway due to all the reports moving the markets at 5:30am on many days.

I trade the first few hours of ES too. If markets are really good, or I am unhappy with morning results, I'll trade to 1:15 pm.

Usually I trade 5:30 to about 9:00. I wake a 5:00 and am at the computer by 5:15. It is difficult for me to stay focused for more than 2 or 3 hours at a clip. I get bored actually since I only place a few trades per day.

I check around the clock when I have a position trade going, but thats just a glimpse every so often.

I am moving to a better time zone in a month though, so it will be more like 9:00 to 1:00. (not why I am moving).

Jay

5. Wow, that is commitment!

Traderguy, you still trade forex?

6. "Did the all night thing for a long time. It would fry my brain too much."

Jay, you have to not drop acid before you trade then! :D
    ___

"I am moving to a better time zone in a month though, so it will be more like 9:00 to 1:00. (not why I am moving)."

So... why ARE you moving? :confused:

to

7. Acid and trading might be interesting, although expensive.

Moving because I want to try something new. I'm a bit of a nomad. Going to the Dominican Republic, and yes, they have broadband so I can trade there just as easily as here (Oregon).

Jay

8. Scarab_LA

Scarab_LA

Wow! Very adventurous. But why the DR?
    Scarab

9. Its a wonderful country. Weather identical to Hawaii. Plus, I will be in a condo right on the beach, about 200 yards from my fully rigged windsurfing equipment. Priorities!

The DR isn't so adventurous for me. I've lived in some really wacky places.

Jay

10. wow, I knew you were a smart guy, Jay, but... DR, eh? say.. what are the housing/land prices like there compared to California?

#10     Apr 15, 2004