Pacific Northwest Prop Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hanseng1, Jan 3, 2005.

1. eagle,

so are you remote with echo? i remember echo telling me they were going to open up shop here and that was 2 years ago.

like hangseng said, maybe creating an office environment for us to trade in would be an alternative.

well, i look forward to the hook up as i have already been in touch with two other individuals here and had a pm from that is interested.

#21     Jan 25, 2005
  2. Size.

Good to hear from you

Yes (while waiting for the mkt to get off its lips), I remote for Echo. Are you a prop or retail trader? Firm? Been at it long?
    I traded at Bright's in Seattle for about 11/2 year and have been remote since then. It would be really nice to have intraday contact, maybe dedicated email would be the ticket, and/or meet once in a while.

Eaglemount

#22     Jan 25, 2005
  3. Trader13

Trader13

Eaglemount, I'm interested to hear about your current experience with Echo, versus your previous experience with Bright? Did you consider remote trading with Bright before you went to Echo?

I understand that both Bright and Echo are good firms, so I would like to know what really differentiates them?

Thanks!

#23     Jan 17, 2006
  4. Maverick1

Maverick1

Does anyone know if HanSeng1 is still around?

Thx

#24     Jan 17, 2006
  5. I wil be moving to Seattle in the next couple of months, so if that Northwest Traders Group gets off the ground, let me know.

When you are "Han Solo" in this racket, it is a great help to share strategies and if nothing else share some war stories.

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning...........

#25     Jan 18, 2006
  6. tireg

tireg

Whoa.. just realized that this thread was started in '05.

Are the original posters still around? I'm located in Seattle, WA and have also been looking for a prop firm in the area...

#26     Jan 25, 2006
  7. I recognized the thread from a while back as well. Just a note that may be of interest. Our growth has been primarily with remote traders, but we are finding that groups seem to be popping up in a few areas.....traders find one another, set up a location that is mutually accessible, and share costs. These "affiliates" may or may not have "Bright" on them (we are not Donald Trump, and don't need our name on everything, LOL).

Consider trading remotely, we'll certainly consider an affiliate program after you get a few people together.

The main reason for so many locations in the 1990's was the cost of installing and maintaining T-1 lines ($10K-20K per month)...so we had around 40 locations...now that everyone can get the same bandwidth for under $100, no need for these clusters. That being said, some find in beneficial to be in a reoom with other serious traders.

FWIW,

Don

#27     Jan 25, 2006
  8. I am interested to see how many of you guys are profitable trading remote in the NW area. I've been trading remotely for almost two years in the NW area. I would certainly be interested in getting to know traders from the NW area.

#28     Feb 8, 2006
  9. tireg

tireg

I'm also interested in meeting some NW traders. I'm located in Seattle.

#29     Feb 8, 2006
  10. I'm in... Please contact me if this arrangement is being moved forward any way at all.

Thanks!

#30     Mar 3, 2006