Pacific Northwest Prop Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hanseng1, Jan 3, 2005.

1. I would also be up for a NW traders' meeting. I think we're going to have a hard time finding a true prop shop out here, but perhaps we could work someting out between any willing traders in the area, provided we get enough interest.

#11     Jan 4, 2005
  2. i've already met couple traders here in seattle. we are planning to meet once a month.

if anyone is interested, please let me know. it would be great to see this group grow. i'm trying to schedule our next meeting for the 16th (sunday).

dave floyd, i enjoyed reading your book since that was the style of trading first taught to me. can you tell me how many traders you currently have in your office and what kind of deal you offer your traders? you can pm with the info as i believe the moderators here on et don't like non-paying firms releasing this kind of info. i checked your website and see that you are more of a fx trader now??

#12     Jan 4, 2005
  3. We had a group meet up about a year and a half ago or so. It was a good turn out. Go to the "hook up" forum to hunt down people by region.

Most of the people there were equities/ system traders though, and I was the only full timer, so I'm not sure if there would be enough futures traders for you.

Jay

#13     Jan 4, 2005
  4. Lets see if we get any more NW traders to chime in. Prop trading looks pretty slim so far, but perhaps we can get a group of interested people together and discuss things.

I will start up a new thread in "Hook Up" for us NW traders later today.

#14     Jan 5, 2005
  5. A king county meeting would also interest me.

#15     Jan 5, 2005
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Let's stay on topic guys. Thanks.

#16     Jan 7, 2005
  7. so how many people would really be interested in joining if a prop firm were to be open here in seattle? 5-10?

if i can get a minimum of 5 people interested in joining prop, i can do some research and see what is available.

#17     Jan 25, 2005
  8. In response to traders in this area;

I trade equities for a prop firm - Echo - out of Port Townsend, WA.

I'd be interested in hooking up with others in this area and am glad to hear there ARE others in this area. Thot I was alone :p

Five years ago I worked out of the Bright office in Seattle. It failed after the market broke in 2000.

Looking forward to the contact.

Eaglemount :D

#18     Jan 25, 2005
  9. It's nice to see this has been resurrected....

I would be fairly interested in a prop deal in Seattle. However, I currently trade futures, and the idea of stocks doesn't get me too excited. If we got a stock prop deal going, I would seriously consider it; if it was some sort of futures prop shop or even a shared office space for a group to trade independantly with shared resources, I would be extremely interested.

Regardless of what sort of deal we can find, perhaps we can innitiate some sort of monthly meeting for Pac NW traders. I will start a hook-up thread when I get home this afternoon.

#19     Jan 25, 2005
  10. Hangseng

Hi, Yes, contact would be worthwhile whether you trade equities or whatever. There is a realtime chat facility, I think its called Paltalk, that might have value during or around the trading day, and there are prolly other possibilities.

Eaglemount

#20     Jan 25, 2005