Pabst's Blue Ribbon Trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Mar 29, 2007.

1. what's your target? thanks

#781     Nov 20, 2008
  2. 840. Rationally I don't see it working.

#782     Nov 20, 2008
  3. Ok. Better to see ES 20 higher o/n than 20 lower. I'll risk 745. Hard stop in place.

There's better trades here. My wish list is to be long gold. I have a STRONG, STRONG feeling that Gold is going to explode. I'll spend this morning trying to figure out a creative options play in Gold. I'm unsure about the timing of the trade. I could just buy 1 future and risk $100 (10k in money) but it seems unsatisfying to have so little upside. What I may explore is selling OTM put spreads and using the proceeds to buy OTM calls. I'd then create an opex "no action zone" from let's say 700-825.. If anyone has ideas feel free to add their thoughts.....

#783     Nov 21, 2008
  4. I didn't have much going on today, so I read through this whole journal. Wow, great stuff. The intelligence and skill levels of some of the guys that gave input regularly is just through the roof. For any newer traders that want to delve into some psychology issues take a look at this. I am going to go back through it, spend more time reading it, and take notes on anything pertinent. Say what you will about Kurt but there is no denying that he is extremely honest and open about issues that can seriously hamper trading progress. Anybody that overtrades (like me) can pull some good stuff out of here. Thanks again to K and all the other guys that contributed to this.

#784     Sep 29, 2009
  5. .... yes looks like massive IHS on longer time frame
    I have a STRONG, STRONG feeling that Gold is going to explode.

#785     Sep 30, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

visionary ,pabst did u know u were this smart,genius in our midst

#786     Oct 28, 2009