Pabst Article On Yahoo Finance

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Funny. people like us! hahahahahahahahaha

why not judge the intelligence of actors based on the roles they play? remember, the articles are edited profusely at yahoo, your not dealing with fools. do you believe that those who write for the national enquirer or daily news are morons even though their prose is at a 5th grade level? no, my good man, its actually quite the opposite in the real world.

surf

#41     Nov 2, 2008
  2. 1. I don't tell people where "to enter."

2. The only two clients paying me are institutions, one of whom trades bigger than any single individual on this board.

3. I'm in the trading business. Like most exchange members my income HAS ALWAYS been derived by sources other than just my PTA.

4. Given my educational level barely exceeds "12th grade" why would my grammar usage be genius like.? :p

#42     Nov 2, 2008

3. how about pointing the grammer police finger at the editors and editrixes at yahoo. those highly educated souls perhaps could use some tdog wisdom....

give me a break! you guys are coming across as insanely jealous that mr. pabst is a skilled writer and is starting to be recoqnized as such, in the broad media sense. The said article was exactly what it was meant to be by design, but that's right over your head.

surf:D

#43     Nov 2, 2008
  4. Not every reader has your range of experience. It's not a matter of dumbing down-it's an issue of largest common denominator.

#44     Nov 2, 2008
  5. Is this facetious? Why would I do something so stupid as that? Try living your life in the real world that way and you'll get your head handed to you on a platter.

What a bizarre statement. Maybe your language skills aren't strong enough to convey what you were actually thinking.
    (cough....hack...cough)

Yeah, T-Dog. We're just jealous that we can't construct a sentence like Pabst can, right?

Yep, that's it. That's the truth of the matter.

:)

#45     Nov 2, 2008
  6. Like most people who write articles-I neither title them nor edit the finished product.

as an aside: You and oktiri are two out of only 4 or so people in the P&R forum who I usually disagree with politically but who I share commonality with on certain policy issues. Ironic that each of you would be gracious with your comments on this thread.

I'm always intrigued by any provocative, well reasoned argument no matter how contrary to my views. Opinions change via the persuasive and accurate use of facts and logical conclusions rather than from dim-witted canned talking points and demagoguery.

#46     Nov 2, 2008

7. :D

you just don't get it.

sorry to say, linear thinking is not the mark of genius.

i will spell it out, articles are written for an audience. in the case of yahoo, there are multiple levels of editing that take place to reach that audience for a specific, although educational, generally marketing purpose.

actors act in a role designed by the director or producer to evoke a certain feeling and to build a character. writers write in a certain way to provoke certain feelings and get across ideas to an audience. the intellect of the writer is actually quite higher if he/she can pull this off. it's all by design, but only those who can see behind the curtain by intellect or experience can understand.

my correlation is correct, you just couldn't grasp it untill it was spoon fed to you.

:D

ps. not to mention that you immediately lifted my "real world" phrase and used it as your own. pretty funny actually!

#47     Nov 2, 2008
  8. Good work Pabst.

#48     Nov 2, 2008
  9. Wow... your misunderstanding of what it is that's measured by tests like the Weschler and the Stanford-Binet seems to be almost complete.
    lol... you may want to try dictionary.com for the definition of 'correlation' before you try to use it in a sentence.

:)

Pabst, I truly do wish you all the best for your new advisory service. I know your knowledge of the Treasuries markets is very high. I'll bet that even if a black or a Jew wants to do business with you, you'll have no objections. It's just business, right? You might draw the line at a flaming homo, but hey, you have enough $$$, you don't need that tiny bit extra.

#49     Nov 2, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If you need anything else just let me know. That would actually go for anyone who wants to start a service if I think you have something of value to offer the public. There are some people who don't, but certainly if you have the knowledge and are willing to share it, then learning how to sell that knowledge can be very lucrative, in some cases much more so than even trading. Ken Roberts, for example, is rumored to be worth in the neighborhood of $400million, an amount that even the guys managing multibillion dollar hedge funds will never see. So, you can argue that those who can do and those who can't teach until your blue in the face, but the simple truth of the matter is if you have some skills in selling, then selling can be a hell of a lot more lucrative than trading, even if your a very good trader. I know a lot of guys selling products online (not just trading products btw) who make 250K + per month, it's not all that rare. In contrast even the very best traders are unlikely to be pulling that much, and when you consider the risk of trading vs the risk a person takes in selling a product, forget it, if you can sell you should. If you happen to enjoy the markets and trading as well, and you can do both, great do it, they can both be very rewarding.

#50     Nov 2, 2008