Pabst Article On Yahoo Finance

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Oct 31, 2008.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

nice dude....

#21     Oct 31, 2008
  2. You're a pretty amazing guy Pabst. Your view points are written with grit, refreshing to read and while imo, people may not agree with them, one would have to concede you make an informative point and it comes from being and doing.

#22     Oct 31, 2008
  3. Who did you clear through at the CBOT?

I used to clear through good old Goodman Manaster....those were the days.

Jeff

#23     Oct 31, 2008
  4. Here is the problem...I won't click on the article simply because of his very strange attitudes. I can't figure out if HIS attacks are just jokes or just trying to goad people or if he really believes the stuff he espouses. When a person shows such disrespect then their judgment in general is called into question, and I therefore can not trust anything they have to say even if there is some merit in it.:(

#24     Nov 1, 2008
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

"The Messiah (Obama) is absolutely speaking" -- Louis Farrakhan

#25     Nov 1, 2008
  6. Good article Pabst. I also like your website and what you did with the monitor animation that's pretty cool. Best of luck man

#26     Nov 1, 2008
  7. Pabst, "How Disciplined Traders Measure Risks" didn't discuss the measurement of risk. Maybe you could have gone with another title?

A nice article nonetheless.

#27     Nov 1, 2008
  8. Use your judgement to determine if the article has merit.

#28     Nov 1, 2008
  9. Not to worry, RR, the article is fairly innocuous. Apart from a few grammatical errors, which have become Pabst's signature, the content is fairly pedestrian. It is not without merit. There is nothing wrong with it. However, the material has already been covered before in just about every trading book and magazine. Apparently, Pabst now feels it is his turn at the vendor trough. Despite my growing disgust for Pabst, I would have given him his due had the content been remotely original. However, thus far he has shown himself to be just another "me too" hack. On the plus side, the splash screen on his web site is genuinely creative and impressive. Perhaps it is even original. I expect this display to be the principal draw for his services.

#29     Nov 1, 2008

10. miss rimes,

one never judges the art by the artist. that was rule # 1 and the first rule learned in art history.

off for a stroll with annaland in central park.

enjoy!

surf

#30     Nov 1, 2008