P&L on new TWS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by exaz, Feb 6, 2003.

1. exaz

exaz

It seems like the P&L total on closed positions has disappeared with the 786.8 build. Anyone else seeing this?

2. Yes actually today I called with a different question leading me to the new build also. For my overnite positions I couldn't figure out how to toggle to keep the p/l ongoing and not based on current day p/l. Tech support told me the new build does it automatically that way now, but as you say, the current p/l is no longer there, just the unrealized p/l.

You can see your realized p/l by clicking the account labe on the menu bar.

3. u130747

u130747

I called them and asked to have a choice of how it is calculated.

Bert

I do not like tihs one.

4. today, i have no P&L on my stock trades, but do on my futures trades? :confused:

5. I upgraded to the latest build yesterday Vik. My stocks are there, I have no futures going right now.

6. I am using the latest, so we'll see on monday how it goes.

7. nitro

nitro

My P/L is shot on TWS. Whenever I make money, my P/L goes down. The faster I make it, the harder it goes down.

Trading is hard enough.

nitro :mad:

8. The new TWS only show unrealized P & L . Once you close out of a trade the unrealized becomes realized and leaves the screen.

Also the realized P & L is usually not calculated correctly in TWS .

Stupid move on thier part.

9. u130747

u130747

I agree . I told them on the chat and they are going to submit it. Totally wothless now.

Bert:mad:

10. The only workaround I've found is to open the account Window and try to keep track of what positions TWS considers open. Fortunately the futures seems to work correctly, or at least did for me on friday.

#10     Feb 9, 2003