P&L and avg. price wrong in IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chud, Jan 27, 2009.

1. chud

chud

With TWS Build 891.5 I'm getting wrong P&L and average price numbers for my positions. I noticed this a couple of weeks ago when they made some changes and went back to using the previous version. Now I'm trying the current version again and still seeing this issue.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks.

2. You can change these values in TWS to whatever you like. From the Account Management screen, right click on a security. One of the options is "Adjust Average Price".

3. nassau

nassau

this has been an issue for years but usually is associated with a merger, reverse split or an option stock being fed to the trader.

It has takens wks before we received an average price and IB position is that it is our responsibility to know our position and average price.

w

4. chud

chud

I'm talking about average price being wrong for daytrades. I know there are issues reguarding splits, etc. For example, today I started flat ES. After I established a position, TWS showed my average price as roughly 100 points under the current price. Of course this threw unrealized p&l way off. The same thing is happening with other symbols for me in this TWS.

The avg. price and p&l seem to be right under 'View Account', but these errors show up on the TWS pages, market depth windows, etc..