Ozzy - Why Ain't I Dead Yet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bpcnabe, Oct 29, 2010.

1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Ozzy Osbourne
    The British heavy metal icon and former Black Sabbath frontman had a good reason for having his full genome sequenced and analyzed: He wanted to know why he was still alive.

“I was curious,” he wrote in a column this week for London’s The Sunday Times. "Given the swimming pools of booze I've guzzled over the years—not to mention all of the cocaine, morphine, sleeping pills, cough syrup, LSD, Rohypnol … you name it - there's really no plausible medical reason why I should still be alive. Maybe my DNA could say why."

The St. Louis, Missouri-based Cofactor Genomics sequenced his genome and Knome Inc. analyzed the data, putting the Prince of Darkness in the same company as DNA co-discoverer James Watson and Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates, who also have submitted to the process, Scientific American reported.

People are increasing using genome analysis “to uncover information about their ancestral histories, impending health risks and disorders of potential progeny,” the magazine reported in June.

“Despite the completion of the generalized human genome draft a decade ago, connections between diseases and genetic variations have proved to be evermore complex and elusive,” it said.

Knome co-founder Jorge Conde said Osbourne was interested in his ancestry and in recently being diagnosed with a Parkinson’s-like condition. The test revealed some Neanderthal lineage as well as “novel variants” in genes associated with addiction and metabolism.

The company didn’t divulge the full results of Osbourne’s test. The rocker and his wife, Sharon, are appearing at TEDMED 2010 in San Diego, California, on Friday to discuss the results. His speech is titled, “What will the unveiling of a full Osbourne genome reveal?”

A Halloween treat, no doubt.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/29/fridays-intriguing-people-31/?hpt=T2

Yeah, why isn't he dead yet??

2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Ozzy gets high on cough syrup? WTF? Have somebody tried it? LOL

3. All of the various drugs he's taken over the years have combined and created one super-drug that allows you to keep on truckin' perpetually.

4. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Cough Syrup (in particular NyQuil) have a very high alcohol content. Many alcoholics "sneak" their medicine when they need some alcohol fix.

5. olias

olias

Time for Keith Richards to step up, if they can find any DNA in him

6. Cassie

Cassie

Ozzy and I have the same birthday. I keep trying to get a hold of him to see if he wants to have a party together but I guess he never gets my messages :D

And yes, you can get high off too much Nyquil... or any meds like that. When I was REALLY young a bunch of my friends (at the time) were overdosing on Coricidin HBP and tripping off it. I was stupid and tried it. It worked, omg did it work!!! I think I have permanent brain damage from it! jk- It's kind of funny to look back and laugh about it now, but at the same time, man I've done some dome shit!!!:confused:

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

..or not.

Nyquil and Alcohol
    The three main ingredients of Nyquil, acetaminophen, dextromethorphan and doxylamine succinate are the main sources of treatment in the medicine. They help fight sore throats, runny noses, pains related to the common cold and fevers. The ingredients cannot blend, however. It is similar to oil being unable to blend into water. Alcohol's purpose in Nyquil is to act as a solvent, blending the three ingredients together and enabling them to work together to cure illness. The amount of alcohol will not intoxicate an individual, however.

My guess is that mixing it with alcohol gives the desired effect....

If it had a high alcohol content, you couldn't buy it over the counter. Duh....