ozzy journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ozzy, May 14, 2005.

1. Nutzo

Nutzo

You can't meet PCT rule, did you blow up your 900k profits from trading or is that money working somewhere else?

Why not open up a remote prop account?

#21     May 17, 2005
  2. ozzy

ozzy

Yes. Kaboooom is the right word to use. Don't have much knowledge about prop shops and their strenghts/weaknesses.

#22     May 17, 2005
  3. Part 1 was very interesting. Oh man, how did you blow out $900K?

#23     May 17, 2005
  4. Nutzo

Nutzo

To bad bro...........but I would take like 5-10k and open up a 10:1 leveraged remote prop account.

#24     May 17, 2005
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^SPX&t=5y

sound like you hang on to short side a tad too long, I was caught at the top but sound like you get caught at bottom, however there is still plenty time to make it up until the next Pope.

ps. take it to near a mil in 1 year was a great accomplishment but not only that you did it in post internet bubble year, you are very good.

#25     May 17, 2005
  6. ozzy

ozzy

Forgot to put up today's executions. For the sake of consistency here it is....

and in response to nkhoi's comment. I'm equally as good in the opposite direction.

#26     May 17, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

Wednesday:

On a day I should have made a killing I came out slightly up. I am extremely dissapointed in my trading. I froze again today, I did not place a stop on a ridiculous trade (T6 ER2). Looking back I have no idea why I made that trade (it was a scalp, but it made no sense it was all risk no reward, unbelievable). The trade moved against me and I froze. Same thing which happened on Friday. That one trade pretty much killed my entire day.

On a positive note I had a very good performance on the EURO (9/10 one position still open). It seems like I consistently make profits on the EURO and then give it all back on the index futures of late.

I really need to put some more time into studying analyzing the index futures. I'm making some serious mistakes in these markets.

#27     May 18, 2005
  8. ozzy

ozzy

ok, was just going over my numbers. looks like I theres an error in some of the calculations. Must be the lack of sleep.

I wish IB had a feature to calculate all the P/L for each trade.

Gonna re-do it.

#28     May 18, 2005
  9. ozzy

ozzy

Thursday:

Had a pretty negative day today. Got chopped left and right on ER2, no big losses, but many many small loses. In EUR I was slightly up In total I was down ~ $1200 today. Not good.

On the positive side. I realized its time to give trading a break. It's finally summer and I would rather start enjoying my summer than bust my ass at a job where I lose money. The last 4 months trading futures have been very educational (even though I had a very rough time the last year, I can look back at the exp. in a positive way).

The next time I'm guessing I'll start off trading stocks intraday and I'll also take it easy and not try to make a killing everday. In the end what good is money if your not happy. Right now I'm poor and unhappy. Now, I'm going to focus on at least becoming poor and happy. :D

Time to move back to the west coast and do the things that I enjoy.

Good luck to all.
    ozzy

#29     May 19, 2005
  10. Nutzo

Nutzo

Take a few months off and take like 5-10k and open up a 10:1 leveraged prop account and trade equities. Until then do like you said and enjoy the summer and go to the beach and clear your head and bang some hoes. Then you will come back like a gunslinger and make sooooo much money you'll need a WHEEL BARREL instead of a wallet to carry your money around with you.:D

#30     May 19, 2005