OWS storms Wall Street

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Oct 14, 2011.

1. The few police blogs I read basically say the same thing.

Being a policman is what I do, not who I am.

#31     Oct 15, 2011
  2. Actually, it is more commie to beat down protestors if they are just exercising their right to assemble. It happens in commie/fascist countries all the time.

The cop who pepper-sprayed some penned-in women is a doofus - because the whole area is loaded with NYPD surveillance cameras! Besides the bystanders with their video-phones, all their lawyer is going to have to say to the judge is "I want a copy of the police video."

#32     Oct 15, 2011
  3. so it's the policemans job to serve and protect the protesters

#33     Oct 15, 2011
  4. sle

sle

(a) The graph on the right does not seem to have any connection to reality. 2mm household income is definitely not top 1% and not even top .1%. There is less then 100k tax payers in this country that have this kind of income.

(b) Somehow it escapes these people that to get to 1% or anywhere in life you have to work, rather then sit on your arse in lower Manhattan. I am all for making sure that people do not starve and have a cushion in case they fail. So yes, I am willing to pay more on the margin (even though it's like 48% already) but please do not villify me while taking my money at the same time.

#34     Oct 15, 2011
  5. sheda

sheda

It's the police-mans job to serve and protect the population whilst maintaining the peace - if you are a risk to the population and breaching the peace police-man takes action.

#35     Oct 15, 2011
  6. #36     Oct 15, 2011
  7. sheda

sheda

LOL its a moped and its on his foot.

#37     Oct 15, 2011
  8. During TianAnMen, thousands of students occupied the square trying to take over the government, attempting to storm govt buildings and trying to set fire to them. I think people should now understand why the square was eventually ordered to be cleared by the Chinese army.

#38     Oct 15, 2011
  9. no kidding, 1% of anything is a very small amount. How does it hurt me or society as a whole if 1% makes infinity per year? Keynes had a very good idea for helping the 99 other percent. Build up surpluses in boom times and spend and borrow in bad times. The problem arises when even in good times poloticians thinks it's so bad that they need to borrow and spend to get re elected.

I don't see how wealth redistribution could ever be sustainable. But wealth creation could perhaps maybe. So me (the 99%) taking your (the 1%) money doesn't really do much to make my wealth sustainble.

I haven't really thought the whole thing through, but I know the fuedal system in England ended up bad for the farmers. So I always kind of look out to see if that is happening again today in America on just a much larger scale.

#39     Oct 15, 2011
  10. are the protesters then a part of the population that is at risk and needs police protection? I mean that's there job isn't it? To protect the population.

#40     Oct 15, 2011