OWS storms Wall Street

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Oct 14, 2011.

1. FRANK ROSARIO and DANNY GOLD
    New York Post
    October 14, 2011

Hundreds of Occupy Wall Street protesters — emboldened by officials backing down this morning from evicting them from their Zuccotti Park campsite for a 7 a.m. cleaning — stormed Wall Street, leaping over barriers and getting into a fracas with cops.

The throng of protesters streamed onto Broadway, blocking traffic, setting up a confrontation with police who are waiting for them on the street.

Things turned predictably violent as cops tackled protesters and chased them up the street — forcing everyone to the sidewalks — in what turned into a melee.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this going to escalate further?

2. S2007S

S2007S

If anything they shouldnt give up now. Once the give up wallstreet wins again, so in order for them to continue and do this they have to have a strong mindset to keep it going.

I have wondered why this has taken so long, this should have happened at the start of the lehman brothers collapse.

3. S2007S

S2007S

OWS is now in 1,400 cities. There were plans for global rallies Saturday in 71 countries, according to Occupy Together and United for Global Change.

:D

Wow this is really growing, this should get interesting in the weeks to come.

4. tomorrow I think is the big day, its Occupy London day as well.

5. sheda

sheda

Dats reet S2007S, ih da revlutionz! Tax da bankers!

6. sheda

sheda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0j5S8iTvNg&feature=related

Excuse me while I just go and check if the mushroom pie I ate for lunch was not seasonal..

7. S2007S

S2007S

Has anyone seen this video yet, it seems this guy is getting arrested for freedom of speech....

Now I am not on anyones side, I just came across this and hundreds of other videos being posted all over the internet.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5rbXfelyIoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. It's not on TV much, so it can't be very big or important. Only stuff that makes it onto tv is worth noticing.

Did you know Ashton and Demi might be splitting up?! :D

9. rc8222

rc8222

I just love watching the 'Flea Party' get their asses kicked by the police!!!!! :D :D :D

10. its interesting to see the irony lost on most americans.

it was ok for everyone to protest and have their democratic right to freedom of speech during the arab spring uprising in the other countries.

i counted many commentator on tv saying this is not democratic.

even obama came on tv and said people have a basic right to protest.

then when its at home some americans cant seem to understand what they are protesting about.

talk about out of touch.

#10     Oct 14, 2011