OWS Back At Zuccotti Park - More Violent

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 18, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

On the six-month anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street movement, protesters swarmed its birthplace –Zuccotti Park – again sparking the cat-and-mouse clashes between New York City police officers and demonstrators.

The sweep of the park by police just before midnight capped a day of demonstrations and marching in lower Manhattan. There was no official word on the number of arrests but dozens of people were handcuffed and led out of the park.

Earlier in the day, 15 people were arrested and three officers suffered injuries, police said.

An unused public transit bus was brought in to cart away about a dozen demonstrators in plastic handcuffs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uccotti-Park-movement-began-6-months-ago.html

2. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as the weather improves.

3. pspr

pspr

If the violence goes national it may give Obama an excuse to declare martial law and suspend the elections if he is trailing in early fall.

I just hope they have heat and airconditioning in the Obama concentration camps.

4. Quite a leap don't you think? Marshall Law and concentration camps? Come on, this Country was built on civil disobedience, and sometimes not so civil. We suffered through Kent State from the Gov't, that was bad enough, I doubt we'll see anything close to Marshall Law for a few hundred or even thousand protesters.

I am not condoning any violence, from either 'side' - even though there should not be 'sides' when it comes to Americans, IMO. Just differences in opinions.

c

5. There's no need for that, the PWTB will only go to that extreme if threatened and the only candidate that means significant change is Ron Paul. So you can rest easy on the internment camps issue and be comfortable knowing our govt is on autopilot towards destruction : relax and enjoy the ride .

6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Occupy - America's most worthless and useless protest movement.

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

What do they want? Do they have any demands?

:D

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I point I keep trying to make to those who say a large scale violent protest against the government is not possible.

9. pspr

pspr

I think they are just ideologs. Redistribution of wealth just like Obummer.

Inspired by the pro-democracy Arab Spring, the Wall Street protesters targeted U.S. financial policies they blamed for the yawning income gap between rich and poor in the country, between what they called the 1 percent and the 99 percent. The demonstrators set up camp in Zuccotti Park on September 17 and sparked a wave of protests across the United States.

10. I agree, yet the 2nd amendment group keep using that argument to keep their guns. I don't think they need an argument at all, and I don't think anyone is after their guns, but they do use that argument nonetheless.

c

#10     Mar 18, 2012