Owning a Dog Can Add 10 Years to Your Life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanzandt, Feb 7, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

What a cool dog.:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

#41     May 6, 2017
  2. sle

sle

thanks :) Patrice has been almost blind since he was a puppy so he needs a bit of extra care, but he's a chick magnet all right

#42     May 6, 2017
  3. Probably a fair reason to get more!

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    #43     May 6, 2017
  4. sle

sle

You know, my dog is always happy to see me, even if I was petting another dog on my way from work :)

#44     May 6, 2017
    OddTrader likes this.
  5. Looks already hungry! Ha

#45     May 6, 2017
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Thats not a dog, its a frigging tank, lol j/k i love big dogs, but wouldnt be able to handle cleaning up the mess, and feeding it, it must be as expensive as a young child, lol.

A friend of mine had a bull mastiff and every time we went to his cabin to do barbeques in the summer he would chuck the dog a full steak or a full burger off the grill, and it was like two bites and swallow the dog was done, he was like a frigging garbage dispenser, the dog was a beast, his paws were bigger than my hand, but he was super gentle, the owner had him trained right, he never got to hyper, and he seemed to realise his size, he was always super gentle with kids, it always makes you nervous when you see a kid whose 50 pounds playing with a dog that size, but this thing was so gentle i once watched a chihuaha play with him and push him around, it was pretty funny.

The chihuahaua would run up and nip at his ankles then back up and bark, and the mastiff would just kind of turn around and shift his body and look away and be like "Give me a break"

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    #46     May 6, 2017
    sle likes this.
  7. sle

sle

Yes, having a big dog in the NYC is definitely for the 1%-ers :) Main difficulty is the real estate, of course - you almost certainly have to own a place to get a bigger dog and that it not cheap.

#47     May 6, 2017
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

He's beautiful. And very big. :D What kind of breed is this?

#48     May 7, 2017
  9. sle

sle

He's not small, that's for sure... he's a Central Asian Shepherd

#49     May 7, 2017
  10. A dog like that needs a cat like this! Not mine - just a google image.

[​IMG]

#50     May 12, 2017
    sle, mlawson71 and lawrence-lugar like this.