Owning a Dog Can Add 10 Years to Your Life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanzandt, Feb 7, 2017.

1. vinc

vinc

Owning a dog sure prolongs your life but what nobody mentions is THE DEATH of your friend - it surely shortens it..Ideal situation would be to die with your dog - as in trading, timing is everything:)

and by the way, from this place I'd like to thank atticus once more for his idea with coenzyme q10 which I fed to my dog..incredible..my vet gave her two more months and with this stuff I took her through 2 more years:)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    #11     Feb 8, 2017
    destriero likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Here's my little buddy Gage striking a pose like he's at Glamour Shots :D

gage.jpg

#12     Feb 8, 2017
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I find that the best way to deal with the death of a dog is to buy a puppy.

#13     Feb 8, 2017
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've been told that before, but I don't know how I'd deal with it. We had to put one of our cats to sleep some time ago - he was 19 and very sick - and that was hard enough, I couldn't imagine taking another cat in his place. I don't know how I'd deal with the loss of my dog.

#14     Feb 9, 2017
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

6. mlawson71

mlawson71

What a magnificent animal. I am not one for dog shows much, but I can appreciate such a pure-blooded animal.

#16     Feb 15, 2017
  7. drcha

drcha

There are studies on pets for people with PTSD. Pets are great--cats, too. Yes, it's painful when they go but the benefits outweigh that.

#17     Feb 15, 2017
  8. Owning a Dog Can Add 10 Years to Your Life"

Not unless you're one of the rare unfortunate people who own a pitbull or pitbulls...that one random day...decides it wants to maul its owner to death :vomit::confused:

'You look for the birds. They're going to help you, those birds. You'll see. Good luck." --Eli Wallach, Wall Street Money Never Sleeps. 2010 movie
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    #18     Feb 15, 2017
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah... the ten year thing didn't work out so well for this lady.
    http://pix11.com/2017/02/13/queens-woman-75-mauled-to-death-by-mastiff/

#19     Feb 16, 2017

10. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The article say the dog is not puppy. The dog is mastiff great dane mix and is adult grown. So is very big. Why is that dog in the basement, in the cage? I adopt bull mastiff mix. He is never in cage in basement. My dog is have freedom to walk in my house. I take him to walk every day outside to see people and dogs. My dog greet people in my house all the time to socialize. He is beautiful, friendly, but he can bark if someone is stranger like the UPS or the FED ex coming to the door. Never he try to bite, but always bark if is stranger. To put the dog that big in the cage in the basement is sad. Maybe that dog is angry to be in the cage in the basement?

#20     Feb 16, 2017