Owning a Dog Can Add 10 Years to Your Life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vanzandt, Feb 7, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

There's some good photography on there for sure, you can tell some of them were anything but candid's... but man, I gotta think you're gonna get a bunch of votes. He drips with personality.

#91     Aug 20, 2019
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

They're obviously not candids but the dogs are adorable.

#92     Aug 21, 2019
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Thats why I like B's so much.
    A lot of those pics on there are probably by student/professional/amateur photographers. And thats cool too. But as subject matter goes.... its gonna be hard to top that mug on Gage. :D

#93     Aug 21, 2019
    Baron likes this.
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

I don't know which one is my favourite, they're all good boys. :D

#94     Aug 22, 2019
    CaptainObvious and Baron like this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Dog Suffers Minor Injuries After Plunging Off Building, Crashing Through Car’s Sunroof

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)
    — A dog proved he too has nine lives after he fell from the roof of a six-story building in Manhattan on Friday night.

The dramatic scene unfolded on Orchard Street on the Lower East Side, CBS2’s Alex Denis reports.

It was an unimaginable sight for Winston’s owner, Emma Heinrich. Her beloved 2-year-old French bulldog fell from the top of their apartment building after darting up a flight of stairs, through an open door and onto the roof.

“I kind of watched him reach the edge and try to slow himself down, but it was too late and he just tumbled over the edge,” Heinrich said. “It was one of the most terrifying moments that I’ve experienced. It was really, really scary. The three seconds between him going over the edge and him making impact was… felt like hours.”

• [​IMG]
      Dog Suffers Minor Injuries After Plunging Off Building, Crashing Through Car's SunroofWinston, a French bulldog, crashed through the sunroof of a parked car after plunging from a building on Orchard Street on the Lower East Side on Aug. 2, 2019. (Credit: Sam Farnum)
    The 30-pound pup ended up crashing through the sunroof of a parked car.

“The whole way down, [I was] kind of trying to prepare myself,” Heinrich said.

Instead, she got the surprise of a lifetime.

“He was just up, sitting on the driver’s seat. Just kind of, like, heavily panting but just looking around at everyone staring at him. Everyone was like, ‘Is this your dog?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah.’ I was almost, couldn’t speak for a minute because I was in shock and awe that he was seemingly so OK,” Heinrich said.

Heinrich and her husband, Danny Collins, rushed Winston to the hospital. Other than a few stitches, cuts on his leg and bruising, Winston’s doing just fine.

“We’ve been very lucky, and we’re counting our blessings for sure,” Collins said.

As for future walks?

“He’ll be on leash for the rest of his life,” Heinrich said.

As for the damage to the car, Heinrich and Collins say they will pay to repair the sunroof.

#95     Sep 30, 2019
    TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

It's a miracle the doggie survived unharmed, considering that drop. They better really keep him on a leash from now on.

#96     Oct 3, 2019
  7. #97     Oct 3, 2019
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

I am not even reading that article, the url text was enough for me. That poor dog. People who are capable of doing this belong a lot longer in jail than a year or two, they have already shown they lack empathy and are likely a danger to humans as well.

#98     Oct 4, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  9. Yes, they are sick on several levels.

#99     Oct 4, 2019
  10. elderado

elderado

#100     Nov 20, 2019