Owners Scraping Serial Numbers Off & Abandoning Boats: Coast Is Littered

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Rent to own.

ETA: More like rent to be owned.

#21     Apr 2, 2009
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Rofl. Is that a real book? Sounds interesting :)

#22     Apr 5, 2009
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Pray tell?

Also I thought it was "fornicates" not "fucks".

#23     Apr 5, 2009
  4. my first home came with a 40' boat slip and i proceeded to boat for almost 20 years. moved from 18', 27' boats to finally a 34' sea ray. all boats were paid for within the two year's and still cost thousands per year to own. luckily in a wind storm at dockage another boat came free (damn sailboat) and destroyed my boat. i met with the insurance guy bringing him starbucks coffee and bagels. he totaled the boat and made me so freakin happy i celebrated for weeks. that boat was costing me over 15k a year (paid for too)and between family events, etc was not used a lot.

that was 2 seasons ago; now i cannot imagine the hardships current boater's have. i'm surprised this type of thing is not happening even more so.
    i have lots of great memories and experience's; but now boat with friends (some of whom envy what happened to me)that are happy to have me as i gladly help finance the day, still saving me massive amounts of money.

#24     Apr 5, 2009
  5. LOL, definitely +1 :D

Glad everything worked out perfectly for you. Most people only think of the upside of having the good things in life, not the downside. (looking back I see you've already become acquainted with the 3F Rule!)

#25     Apr 5, 2009
  6. trendy

trendy

B.O.A.T. - Break Out Another Thou$and

#26     Apr 5, 2009