Own Marketsurfer's Personal Phone

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Aug 16, 2013.

1. That's a good deal, about as low as you will ever see that phone currently. I am flexble on the price-- but by the looks of things, folks here just don't get it-- thats ok, I misjudged.

However, that one has none of the services like the concierge, silent circle encryption or PSGroup access. The concierge is cool, got me into many places I could not access on my own-- sold out restaurants, got upgrades at hotels, little gifts, etc. It even got me into the Mar Largo club in Palm Beach-- try that on you own! It's about 2000$ per year alone, last I checked.

surf

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ri-by-offering-its-own-concierge-8533203.html

#51     Aug 17, 2013
  2. I did buy it used, buying new would be insane when they plunge in value on the secondary market. Folks in many other countries don't activate the conceirge type services-- so they come fresh with the handset--- But it was much more than a few hundred--- just a little more than my asking price.

surf

#52     Aug 17, 2013
  3. LOL, no its not worth anywhere near retail asking price, but for under $3k with the services, its a cool conversation piece, has incredible sound, and can be resold for near buying price for now. not to mention get you access into clubs etc that you can't get on your own generally. It's just like any other bauble or artwork--- the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. surf

#53     Aug 17, 2013
  4. no one knows it's titanium by looking at it.

#54     Aug 17, 2013
  5. Who cares. Those who know know.

If you hold one, it really feels like no other phone. If you havent actually held one, try it the quality is self evident. It's quite unique.

#55     Aug 17, 2013
  6. and not even a good one.

#56     Aug 17, 2013
  7. Heavens, I was just thinking he's a better salesman than he is a trader.

That would mean............

#57     Aug 17, 2013
  8. slacker

slacker

Surf,

The market seems a little soft at this price....

Maybe add a free original copy of Paul Tudor Jones "Trader" tape...

It could change the dynamic here....

Good luck,

#58     Aug 18, 2013
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It better be. Nokia built them as a product of the bull market.

The only way they could justify the price as to have gold and diamonds on it and offer amenities that you could get through other means.

I knew some brokers who had them. Instead of looking successful, they looked like a buffoon. Unlike jewelry or fancy watches because the technology gets obsolete so quickly you either have an outdated phone pr a 10,000 paperweight. It was like they had something to prove and didn't know how to prove it.

#59     Aug 18, 2013
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#60     Aug 18, 2013