Own Marketsurfer's Personal Phone

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Aug 16, 2013.

1. sheda

sheda

So if one is successful they should just buy new cars, not a variety of cars that interest them for different reasons?

I seen a friend not long ago he was riding a brand new Kawasaki KXF 450 and thought he was the boss, those bikes are so advanced, the power delivery is constant yet smooth, I got my ancient Kawasaki KX 250 that was produced in 1998 out, unlike his advanced 4 stroke this was a 2 stroke and the power valve in the exhaust port was pinned open meaning there was no power at the bottom end, as soon as you hit a certain rev range the power band kicks in, you either ride in the band or you do not ride at all.

Every line you take has to be lined up with the correct gear and rev range, you have to work the engine, you cant open the throttle and have the power in any gear to power out of a corner or save your ass, but as he found out you cant open the throttle in first gear like its a bike that was designed to be easy for you, he flipped the bike and crashed within 3 seconds of being on it, riding in a straight line.

The precision power delivery of those new dirt bikes can be fun and they make any one a better rider, don't get me wrong I like them, but they lack something major and will never have what has come before them.

The difference is to be seen with cars to, cars with just ten years between production, they all have their pros and their cons, if you aren't driving to be looked at and aren't scared to get your hands dirty there's a world of cars to explore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K3jvZFsRKg Such as the Skyline R34 from 1999 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrr-VPmWO8Y Or mid 90s Supras :D

#221     Aug 20, 2013
  2. New is great, vintage is great and so is used. No one is buying second hand underwear but you can always change the wrist band on a watch if you're fastidious so the bottom line on asthetics is that it can be difficult to find what truly rings the bell and, when you see it in your price range, you should lift that offer. I bought some vintage luggage 30 years ago (it was pre-war) and, given my heavy travel schedule, it took quite a beating. For 20 years held up well before it started to fray. I threw it out and regret it. I should have had a good craftsman rework it.

My point is that new, vintage or used is not the issue. If you like it ... you like it!!

PS ... the phrase prewar for you younger guys generally means before WWII ... not Iraq ... lol.

#222     Aug 20, 2013
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Looks cool, although very feminine

#223     Aug 20, 2013
  4. luisHK

luisHK

??? Nah, be smart and they'll just leave with some cash or present before they even get wrinkles. Don't do kids with those, but enjoy young babes ( I never owned a car btw, and care very little abt the various gizmos mentionned in this thread, but definetely enjoy the company of younger birds attracted to a bit of luxury in their life)

#224     Aug 20, 2013
  5. themickey

themickey

Finger - is that all? I would be thinking of sticking...
    (use imagination)

#225     Aug 20, 2013
  6. Josef K

Josef K

Incription? Really, Mr. Journalist?

#226     Aug 20, 2013

7. Typo-- elite doesn't provide me an editor.

#227     Aug 20, 2013
  8. I fully agree with your points re normal, rational people. Those who need to buy phones which cost 9k, 90k, 900k are not rationally thinking people. Even a Warren Buffett reimburses his office for personal stamp use each year. People who came to riches quick usually are out of touch with reality and lack an appreciation for money. They are too occupied to show everyone that they finally made it (in whatever way they did it) and they are more scared of getting to where they came from than about death. That is the curse that many newly rich suffer. I only share my observations because I have been born into and grown up in a wealthy family which at the same time was obsessed with understatement. So, in a sense I never learned nor developed the interest to show off material wealth. I value learned skills, knowledge more than anything else simply because I knew that having money at my disposal does not define me nor does it tell anything about my real self. I am proud of my education and own achievements, career wise, but other than that I purchase things that I perceive as beautiful or of value, not because I try to impress anyone else.

#228     Aug 20, 2013
  9. normal people should do whatever pleases them, heck anyone should do what pleases them. My point was targeting those schmucks who define their whole self worth through material wealth and have to show it off to the world to gain attention. Hearing from such people that they buy used when others can't see (Surf could not care less what people on an anonymous chat board think of him but OBVIOUSLY he cares a lot what the people in his real life think of him otherwise he would not be so obsessed with this pos phone and other ridiculous stuff.).

My whole point was that phones that are priced above 1k are ONLY priced for the reason to sell a status symbol, not the actual phone. The whole point of status symbol is to "show status", to show that one can afford it. To have to buy or sell such used items is a total irony because it only shows that such person cannot afford such phone but wants to pretend he/she can afford it.

#229     Aug 20, 2013
  10. I liked that last line, funny.

I recently searched on you tube for the terms "mmap" "indexing" hoping to find some reference to an R package to memory-map large data sets, all I found was some obscure links to "MineCraft", and I have never seen nor heard of it. It looked extremely 80s and I was absolutely shocked when I saw it to be one of the most popular computer games NOW. I am in my 30s, so I wonder, what is going on in this world? Computer graphics going back to the 80s/90s, base salary at American Axle in Detroit halved from 10 years ago (currently usd 10.5/hr) which is not just synonymous for the fallout of Detroit. I am so used to move forward not backward and have a hard time to understand those that cling on to drowning industries, jobs, lives, and instead look for their satisfaction in everything retro. Obscure but if it makes them happy what can I say...

#230     Aug 20, 2013