OVX futures?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by heech, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mitch83

Mitch83

Finally some market making in OVX Futures.
    Bid Ask Spread is about 0.20 since May 1st.

#71     May 11, 2012
  2. heech

heech

Sweet! Just filled my first lot. YAY!!!

#72     May 11, 2012
  3. heech

heech

This is such a natural hedge for me... I'm gonna end up doing 50-200 lots a month.

One question though... can someone parse the expiration dates on these futures contracts? Does anyone have an expiration calendar?

"The Wednesday that is thirty days prior to the third Friday of the calendar month immediately following the month in which the contract expires ("Final Settlement Date"). If the third Friday of the month subsequent to expiration of the applicable Volatility Index security futures contract is a CBOE holiday, the Final Settlement Date for the contract shall be thirty days prior to the CBOE business day immediately preceding that Friday."

So... when does May OVX expire?

#73     May 11, 2012
  4. Mitch83

Mitch83

Hi heech,

if you are with IB, just double click on the symbol in TWS, and you get the contract description with the expiration dates. For OVX May 12 it is May 15th.

#74     May 11, 2012
  5. heech

heech

Thanks. Also realized its on the same expiration schedule as the VIX futures, which makes sense.

#75     May 11, 2012
  6. hey you guys get trading these so i can have some liquidity!! 25 and 10 simply will not do.

#76     May 11, 2012
  7. heech

heech

All me. :). I've done my share.

That said, I don't care that much about liquidity if the current MM sticks around. The .25 spread, and I'm able to get .05-.10 inside of that, is great for me.

#77     May 11, 2012
  8. i hear you , same here..i live off .05 and .10 in vix.

good luck and maybe i'll see you in there when you can get more than 2 months trading

#78     May 11, 2012