OVX futures?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by heech, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Mitch83

Mitch83

#11     Oct 19, 2010
  2. Mitch83

Mitch83

Here is IB's response:
    "Dear Trader,
    Thank you for contacting IB Customer Service.
    Your request to trade CVF and GVF futures has been submitted and is the products are currently undergoing testing in the database. I will update you upon its availability for trading.
    Thank you!"

#12     Oct 25, 2010
  3. those of you who want to trade these oil vix futures should realize if you are not well versed in vol trading, convergence, term structure characteristics , etc , should really not touch these. most et traders will find these trade quite illogically and get killed. ultimately these will be traded by institutions offsetting risk. just my 2 cents.

#13     Oct 28, 2010
  4. heech

heech

I think it's safe to say no one will be looking to trade CVF as a swing/momentum daytrader. People looking at it are probably interested in very specific exposure.

Still no volume in this thing, and I don't see anyone making markets. I thought they had people lined up to do this. I don't know why no one's making markets on this, when you can arb these futures with the actual options.

#14     Nov 4, 2010
  5. Mitch83

Mitch83

:(

#15     Nov 5, 2010
  6. heech

heech

Cme keeps rolling out new stuff, but without lining up marketmakers what's the point?

I fear the new FX realized volatility futures will have the same fate.

#16     Nov 5, 2010
  7. Funny how no one ever posts to the effect that <i>he himself</i> doesn't understand this-or-that market. It's always <i>everyone else</i> who's presumed to be ignorant or misguided.

#17     Nov 5, 2010

8. hey rod...how's this for a weeks work playing curves..

i spoke as i did because imo it is hard to play vol as well as i do.

#18     Nov 5, 2010
  9. heech

heech

Oh geez, here comes the manhood-measuring contests.

I'm glad you had a good week. Of course, anyone short volatility had a good week, as implied vol dropped off a cliff while prices barely budged after the Fed QE announcement.

That said, please check your ego at the door. Not necessary... and frankly, not really deserved.

#19     Nov 5, 2010
  10. heech, i responded the best way i can to demonstrate my trading ability in these types of curves. thus helping to show my advice can be worthy of listening to.

it is rare anyone posts actual screens as you know. yes; vol got smoked this week...but for full honesty, that was half of my week, lol

pick another week and i'll pm you it, try a vol explosion week if you want. btw, i have zero ego, i am fully aware i can get smoked too.

#20     Nov 5, 2010