Overstock gets $5mm from Rocker

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Dec 8, 2009.

1. ipatent

ipatent

I admire the guy. We need people like that in high positions in this country.

#11     Dec 8, 2009
  2. I can tell you from first hand experience, he's brilliant, considers all sides, thinks about all Americans, and worries about the future of the Country. He always thinks about others, and puts himself last. I don't even know what makes him tick. But I thanked him again today for all he's done. He truly is remarkable. I think Wall St. is starting to figure that out. They got dragged into this by some low life hedgefunds who wanted to throw their weight around one more time, and it's not quite working out the way they thought. We need a total changing of the guard on Broad and Wall, and we just may get it here pretty quick.

#12     Dec 8, 2009
  3. Wasn't Markopolos supposed to head some sort of task force in the SEC?
    Last I checked they promoted a GS guy
    to chief guardian of hen-house affairs.
    I was really hoping to see HM in the seat.
    Too bad hope doesn't get you too far.

#13     Dec 8, 2009
  4. Retief

Retief

Mark Cuban is putting the hurt on the SEC. He got the charges dismissed, he filed a motion for attorney fees, and he got a court order allowing him to subject the SEC to discovery <<http://www.law.com/jsp/LawArticlePC.jsp?id=1202436144682&slreturn=1&hbxlogin=1>>:

#14     Dec 8, 2009
  5. Oh, it's much more than hope. They're going to be dragging people out of there, and then the singing will start.

#15     Dec 9, 2009
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Man, I'm holding my breath in anticipation! When will this happen exactly? I just wanted to pin you down on a date since you've been saying the same thing for many many years now.

Nice 5 million payout though. Congrats to your cause. When does the naked shorting trial start?

#16     Dec 9, 2009
  7. Go to the SEC IG case. In it, there is a paragraph referencing Elgindy, who's been on ice for three years, and the Head of Ok City FBI office. FOR THE FIRST TIME, the IG references an investigation of an investigation, this time mentioning "two SEC enf attorneys." Why, after all this time, is he reopening the investigation this time with Enf Attorneys? Is it just two (no)? When? You tell me. But it won't be long. And why, in the original investigation, with "202" numbers all over the Elgindy transcripts, was there no investigation of the SEC, when Elgindy knew of pending investigations?

Makes Chicago look honest. And like I said here for over four years, you can't have Capital Mkts with a system this corrupt. And if you look at the last 15 months, I believe my case is made for me. We DON'T have Capital markets.

Been kinda quiet on the Galleon front Don't expect that to continue for much longer.

#17     Dec 9, 2009