Overstock.com Fights Naked Shorting

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by flytiger, Aug 11, 2005.

1. another point that has not been brought up but may need to be investigated pertains to who else benefits besides the profiteers? i am talking about the competition...if i poison your horse mine has a better chance at winning. who owns these other "horses"?

#51     Aug 14, 2005
  2. mhashe

mhashe

it's interesting how the Feds go after Martha Stewart and leave poisonous slithering snakes like these running around. People like these are destructive to good democracy and capitalism.

#52     Aug 14, 2005
  3. Byrne says he believes White Papers are floating around where the manipulators tell the bad guys where to go. I'm not going to spin something I know. They don't do the job.

Look at the Sedona post I made. They had a board member who was an SEC commish way back in 1960. These are the problems.
    They are horrendous.

William Donaldson, Chair of the SEC. Founder of, of all firms, Pershing? Shee.

They do let scum run. And one agency blames it on the rest. That's why we are going to the States.

#53     Aug 14, 2005
  4. Babak

Babak

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but what you miss is that the market is bigger than anyone, and any cabal.

There are billions of capital run by value managers who slobber over themselves when they see an underpriced asset. They'll even take it private if they can and bring it back down the road.

The fact that none of them antied up when CALM crashed through support at $10 shows you this thing is a dog fundamentally.

You can cry wolf all you want, your theories just don't make sense. Good companies that are throwing off cashflow and have a positive future will not get ground down in the long run in the market.

btw I know Henry, he's a nice guy but not exactly the brightest bulb on the chandelier.

#54     Aug 14, 2005
  5. #55     Aug 15, 2005
  6. Overstock is over priced and will not be a great company at all.

#56     Aug 15, 2005
  7. Your a $%^& genius. Did you read the posts????????????????

Watch TZOO. Heavily Naked Shorted. up a stick. Just coincidence?

#57     Aug 15, 2005
  8. Babak

Babak

#58     Aug 15, 2005
  9. yeah i am going to do what this clown says. he wants to know how he can Naked Short because he doesn't know how. LOL LOL LOL

"In the interest of disclosure, I am short 10k shares of OSTK. I want to be short more, however the stock is impossible to borrow, the puts are expensive and it’s hard to get any volume off and I don’t know how to Naked Short a stock. If you or anyone you know has naked shorted a stock, or knows how or where I can,I would be curious to find out how it’s done, so please feel free to add it as a comment below."

good find babak !!!!!!!!!!!

HEY MARK, GIVE MM A CALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#59     Aug 15, 2005
  10. Babak

Babak

no real secret ... (look at comment #24)

#60     Aug 16, 2005