Overnight volatility in Bund?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by futures_shark, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Anyone know what happened in the morning session over in europe? The bund has some violent 15 tick moves in both directions.

2. Dogfish

Dogfish

Not sure about the 18th, the PBOC hike was the last spike down. This morning had two big blip ups. both technical big levels, look at the daily bund chart and you'll see we lifted though a head and shoulder setup neckline around 9/10/11 area where the first stop went off and another around 25s which was the high of the first shoulder from june 13th.

With JGBs and USTs higher overnight and weaker stocks starting in tokyo and heading to europe it was a good excuse for stop fishing by big locals on an otherwise very quiet day

3. I have noticed also -- but great way to go against it because mostly the open is seen again later in the day

4. panik

panik

Are you dreaming of those BS explanations? The "locals" :D :D
    Chances of a real/failed breakout are 50/50.
    Get long. If it fails, reverse.

5. panik

panik

Have any stats on this, or are we talking BS again?

6. Dogfish

Dogfish

No I watch the guys do it around me and it's a pattern you'll see on low volume days such as bank holidays.

I guess the trader next to me who said "If it goes anywhere near 9 I'm lifting market, there has to be stops the other side of that" was all just a dream. Pinch, Pinch, nope think I'm awake.

7. KS96

KS96

Well... we hit 117.90 yesterday. Obviously, the stop-lifting didn't work.
    Do you really believe that your guy can lift the Bund himself? :D :D :D

It was rather a breakout...and you missed it!
    Bobl & Schatz will probably follow soon.

8. Dogfish

Dogfish

Wake up! We're discussing the 21st of August and lifting into 11609 - blipped up to 11620 in one go then another was set off at 26. It worked like a beaut and when I say lift, I mean lift the offer, then the stop gets hit and off it went, you don't become the stop order and lift 10,000 bozo you only need to touch the stop trigger price. I trade with ex bank prop traders and they say all their trades at the banks are taken out at trigger prices be they winners of losers, you just gotta find them - it's not too difficult if you look at the chart.

9. KS96

KS96

I AM talking 21/8... breakout of the 117.10/25 area. Check your charts you clown.

10. snappy

snappy

Dogfish, do you work at a prop in london?

#10     Aug 23, 2006