Overnight Flash Crash...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sculptor66, Dec 20, 2012.

1. luisHK

luisHK

You might be right, but if you care abt seasonals, this is the most bullish time for IWM during the most bullish time of the year for the equitiy market. IWM is behaving better than its bigger cap cousins today as well.

#41     Dec 21, 2012
  2. hajimow

hajimow

I agree that IWM is behaving more bullish and that is why I am on the other side. By the way, most of the time, when I go long on a stock, I do it by selling naked PUT (a little but out of the money). For example at this moment selling PUT 13.5 and 14 weekly PUTs make sense. if you are assigned, the you sell covered call and go on...

If I wanted to be on the side of the market, I was supposed to buy the market yesterday with the crowd. but I took the other side.

#42     Dec 21, 2012
  3. Shouldn't the observation rather lead to: in a pullback it does less and in a rise it does more when compared to a weaker ETF?

#43     Dec 21, 2012
  4. I noticed the same thing, when I was looking at QQQ, SPY and IWM.

#44     Dec 21, 2012
  5. hajimow

hajimow

If had used the same analogy to AAPL, you were broke by now. Nothing goes up for ever. Overlap IWM and SPY chart for 4 years and see what you find out.

#45     Dec 21, 2012
  6. AAPL is a stock, IWM is an index.

Do you know which are the optionable stocks leading IWM on the down side?

#46     Dec 21, 2012
  7. luisHK

luisHK

I've just added quite a few IWM to hold until close, adding to yesterday - will see

#47     Dec 21, 2012
  8. R U thinking it would go above 84? It is expiration day.

#48     Dec 21, 2012
  9. luisHK

luisHK

84 would be fine actually, it looks like a plausible target

#49     Dec 21, 2012
  10. Touch down!

#50     Dec 21, 2012