overnight access to equities/futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by mskl, Jul 31, 2003.

1. mskl

mskl

Besides, Interactive Brokers, does anyone know of a broker that has electronic access to Globex and ACE overnight? (Many platforms shut down at 8 PM EST)

Besides IB, does anyone else provide access to Instinet before 7:30 AM EST?

thanks.

2. We provide overnite access to the CME, CBOT/ACE, EUREX, and LIFFE. We also have a 24 hr order desk.

Check us out at:
    www.velocityfutures.com

3. Clearing Member of the NYMEX / COMEX guarantee me

does any broker out there let retail customers

have access to ACCESS and charge low fees per side?

NYMEX ACCESS Exchange Products / Hours Traded.

Light, sweet crude oil
    Brent crude oil
    Heating oil
    Unleaded gasoline
    Natural gas Sundays:
    7:00 P.M. to 9:30 A.M.

Mondays through Thursdays:
    3:15 P.M. to 9:30 A.M.

Gold
    Silver
    Copper
    Platinum
    Palladium Sundays:
    7:00 P.M. to 8:00 A.M.

Mondays through Thursdays:
    3:15 P.M. to 8:00 A.M.

4. flysr71

flysr71

Try out Global Futures www.daytrade4less.com
    email me if you have questions.
    Or ask for Richard.

Good rates great service.

Try them out if you wish. Let him know that JR sent you.

JR

5. look for the brokers
    utilizing PATS or X-TRADER systems. they will offer it.

6. Any decent FCM like Man Financial or Refco or Bear Stearns are able to offer you worldwide 24hr access to the marketplace. Why wouldn't they? Just mo money for them. :)

Dr. Zhivodka

7. mskl

mskl

Let me revise the question:

Are there any brokers (besides IB) that allow pre and post equity access AND 24 hr futures trading?

I would have expected all brokers to provide this direct access - however many execution platforms turn off access to the futures markets at 8 PM EST and don't allow any equity trading before 7:30 AM EST.

The bottom line is that I would prefer only one backup broker.

perhaps IB is in a league of their own.....

8. I don't know why or where you are confused.

I can trade worldwide 24hrs per day in any market and any instrument through Bear Stearns. They have a highly comprehensive suite of platforms that allow unlimited access to global markets around the clock. This is FX, Equities, Futures, Options,Fixed Income and Metals

I can trade U.S. and European Futures about 23 hours per day on Globex or Liffe Connect with Man Financial, I think they even allow J-Trader to do this too. They offer equities too, but I can't comment on their equity desk because I don't use them.

Refco does the same thing.

I hear that ABN-Amro, the big Dutch Bank, as a platform called "Kawabunga" that allows comprehensive access around the clock to all different types of trading instruments. I think Greentree Trading L.L.C offers this platform.

What you request is quite common.

Dr. Zhivodka

9. alanm

alanm

Dr. Z: Are Bear and Amro's products priced within the range of the average working trader (say $50K account, 500K shares/month), or are they targeted at bigger fish?

10. Bear's products are managed through their Prime Brokerage desk. I don't know what they require as a minimum account size. Generally speaking Prime Brokerage desks usually want a pretty sizable account (2-5 million, some firms want at least 5 mil) to make it worth their while to deal with you. But Bear is pretty good about working with smaller accounts.

The ABN-Amro product "Kawabunga" can be accessed through Greentree Trading http://www.greentreetrading.com/

They are beginning to ramp up their Prime Brokerage operation for smaller accounts using their Joint Back Office (JBO) relationship with ABN-Amro. Call Jeff at Greentree and chat him up about what they can do for you. They are good people there. I'm impressed with them.

Be sure to tell him that I told you to call.

Regards,
    Dr. Zhivodka

#10     Aug 8, 2003