Overleveraged into GOOG/BIDU/RIMM/AAPL/MELI

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Apr 20, 2008.

1. IMHO You are fortunate to have made this choice at this very exact time.

These stocks are going to once again power to the forefront as they have in the recent past. Watch the indexes make a move to new highs along with these "market leaders".

gA

:cool:

#11     Apr 20, 2008
  2. YOU BUY THE MOS and POT

YOU BUY THE RIMM and AAPL

YOU BUY THE GOOGLE

and buy FSLR and BIDU

Buy MA and VISA

thats how you make money

#12     Apr 20, 2008

3. If you are daytrader yes, but if you are investor you are incorrect.

GOOG, BIDU, AAPL, RIMM are great companies. Just look at the fundamentals each have 25% eps GROWTH RATES and double digits sales growth. Forget the P/e that makes no sense with these high momentum plays. These stocks make millionaires.

Our recent depressed psychos however tore through them in the last 3 months without rhyme or reason and destructed their charts into oblivion.

#13     Apr 21, 2008
  4. tjmxxx

tjmxxx

I couldn't disagree more. I day trade full time. All that I day trade is AAPL, RIMM, and GOOG. That's all you need to make a great living. They are the best stocks for day trading due to the volatility. Sounds like you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

I ran 28k into 780k on AOL back in the 90's on 5 splits. Look at it now, merged with TWX, it blows.

Take my word, eventually it will happen to GOOG, RIMM, and AAPL too. The easy money and massive moves have already been made.

Some of you guys simply crack me up. One of the reasons I come here is for comic relief. I rarely post myself, but see lots of the blind leading the blind here.

#14     Apr 21, 2008
  5. Buy and holders will always outperform daytraders. Daytraders need huge accounts to skim a few thousand bucks a day assuming they don't blow it.

#15     Apr 21, 2008
  6. "Overleveraged into GOOG/BIDU/RIMM/AAPL/MELI"

Just wondering, what's the difference between 'Leveraged' and 'Overleveraged'?

#16     Apr 21, 2008
  7. Its the difference between a trader looking for advice or rational discussion, and a troll using a new nick to pump his usual garbage.

#17     Apr 21, 2008
  8. tjmxxx

tjmxxx

Buy and holders are "investors" not traders.

They may make a huge fortune----or not. One thing is clear though, they will not exceed the total return on capital of a good scalper.

I made more than I ever did on one trade with the old AOL, but it kept going up and up, and kept splitting.
    I was just lucky.

A scalper can make money daily, even if the stock trades in a range for months on end.

#18     Apr 21, 2008
  9. sogodo

sogodo

I think time resolved this discussion, did not it? And looks like daytraders (as we're won).

Amen

:)

Investors probably better invest into various shorting instruments aka ETF with shorting leverage, etc. at least for a while...

plus, I would sell any rallies, too

even Buffett buys PREFERRED stocks mostly, plus uses the weapon of mass destruction (derivatives/options)... :)

don't be fooled by wall street games/blah-blahs, investors! it's your money, after all.

#19     Nov 24, 2008