over 90% win rate

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hoodooman, Oct 10, 2014.

1. TraderEX

TraderEX

opened the greedy gate somewhat today just Screenshot (51).png Screenshot (51).png follow the chart simple if you created it contributors; Handle 123 and Electric Savant thx oops very fat finger, the fattest going to smoke up a little pre victory celebration this reminds of the jokers wild with snoop dog I can keep this cash or come back for the bonus round drum roll please loling

#71     Sep 13, 2018
  2. TraderEX

TraderEX

getting a little greedy better be careful EX love the draw down vs. the run up Screenshot (54).png

#72     Sep 13, 2018
  3. TraderEX

TraderEX

I think 90% is very possible! i think this as I am over that for the month.

#73     Sep 13, 2018
  4. He should post his verified Myfxbook account on here, then we could look at the trading in a more constructive way

#74     Oct 28, 2018
  5. timdug

timdug

I met a large sized trader that was doing 20k lots. His strat was a 1 tic system. I initially had a hard time getting my head around that before I worked for a prop firm. Then realised that there were 2 internal teams spending a lot of resources to find a 1 tic win system. Pretty crazy right!

#75     Oct 29, 2018
  6. bilbo64

bilbo64

i agree!

#76     Oct 30, 2018
  7. maxinger

maxinger

This is one way of calculating win rate :

win 5 ticks
    win 3 ticks
    win 6 ticks
    win 4 ticks
    win 4 ticks
    lose 100 ticks
    win 3 ticks
    win 9 ticks
    win 4 ticks
    win 5 ticks
    win 9 ticks

win rate > 90%

#77     Oct 30, 2018
    comagnum, d08 and p0box4 like this.
  8. Visaria

Visaria

I reckon you could make a lotta money if the conditions were reversed i.e. stop loss 1 tick and either a target of 100 ticks or trailing stop.

Psychologically, it would be horrible since you would be stopped so many times, but depends if you are in this game to make money or for your mental issues.

#78     Oct 30, 2018
  9. If somone can make good money with a 50% win rate, and we know plenty of credit spread sellers on the S&P with 90% probability/win rates who get blown out that one time, then win rate is bullshit meaningless stat. Net profit and its related stats are all that matters....

But many people here prefer to debate bullshit and it shows up in their net PnL and they wonder why they cannot make money.

#79     Oct 30, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  10. bone

bone

I've seen plenty of traders with high win rates blow it all on one bad trade. I've seen traders give back a year in one day. And much worse.

Really sound position management with a modest win rate is very serviceable indeed.

#80     Oct 30, 2018
    d08 and comagnum like this.