Over 6000 Scientists, Doctors Sign Anti-lockdown Petition

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Expect a discrediting campaign from around the world, and on this forum by GWB over such a rational and logical approach. This is what we should have been doing all along, but because people overreacted and made asinine decisions, they now feel the need to double or even triple down in order to justify previous stupidity.

Over six thousand scientists and doctors have signed a petition against coronavirus lockdown measures, urging that those not in the at risk category should be able to get on with their lives as normal, and that lockdown rules in both the US and UK are causing ‘irreparable damage’.

Those who have signed include professors from the world’s leading universities. Oxford University professor Dr Sunetra Gupta was one of the authors of the open letter that was sent with the petition, along with Harvard University’s Dr Martin Kulldorff and Stanford’s Dr Jay Bhattacharya.

It declares that social distancing and mask mandates are causing ‘damaging physical and mental health impacts.’

The petition, dubbed the Great Barrington Declaration after the town in Massachusetts where it was written, has been signed by close to 54,000 members of the public at time of writing, as well as over 2600 medical and public health scientists and around 3500 medical practitioners.

“Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal,” it notes, adding “Keeping these [lockdown] measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.”

“Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health,” the declaration also declares.

It continues, “The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular [heart] disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden.”

“Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice,” the declaration adds.

“Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal, it concludes, explaining that “Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold.”

“Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home,” it emphasises.

Finally, the declaration demands that normal life should resume, stating that “Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.”

The declaration echoes President Trump’s words earlier this week when he returned to the White House and asked Americans not to live in fear or let let the virus dominate their everyday lives:

WeToddDid2 and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  3. exGOPer

exGOPer

6000 "doctors" in the USA and UK.

First off, we won't either bother to credential check them. As many we already know are naturopathic "doctors" and chiropractors.

So let's just look at the math.

6000 doctors from the UK and USA. America has ~ 950 000 licensed doctors. And the UK has ~310 000 registered doctors in 2019.

For a total of 1 260 000 doctors.

Yet you claim 6000 call for the lockdowns to be lifted?

That is 0.48% of doctors in these respective regions.

I wonder what the other 99.52% of doctors in these two countries think on the issue?

gwb-trading, Ricter and Bugenhagen like this.
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You can go sign this petition and claim you are a scientist or medical professional. No checking is done.

Or you can go sign the petition in the name of your favorite cartoon character. Join others pushing Mickey Mouse as a medical expert.

Or you can sign the petition claiming to be someone else. Yesterday Dr. Anthony Fauci was on the petition until his name was scrubbed.

Yes, any dimwit can go sign the Great Barrington Declaration resolution. Many of the signatories don't even exist or were signed up by someone else & are fake. of course it is sponsored by the American Institute for Economic Research, a conservative think tank.

The Great Barrington Declaration has already been exposed in the U.K. press as nonsense and has been rejected by the government as idiotic.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Ricter likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Right on schedule, the discredit shows up. First, the wikipedia article (which anyone can write) gave me the link to the petition on the official website. I tried to add myself to the petition. I was unable to, so the claim that anyone can do so is mistaken. It may be possible to fill out the online application, but that doesn't mean you're accepted into the inclusion of the petition. It is highly unlikely the organization would defile itself by accepting "Mickey Mouse" to sign up. Use your head, if you are still able.

Second, the UK Press is as bad as the US Press and the UK government is horrid at both its approach to COVID and its doctrine (what was the name of that "scientist" who led them down the path only to be later found violating his own recommendations and totally discredited as well??) Only seems likely they would support the idea to double down, much as you have.

Third, your article by the "Independent" links to behind a paywall, so I cannot read it.

Fourth, the fact that you can supposedly sign up Mikey Mouse to the petition and it gets recognized as such doesn't take away from the verified list of supporting doctors and scientists. Truncated list below for you to begin your discrediting campaign on everyone there.

upload_2020-10-8_9-54-20.png

And then lastly, the points made in the article are just as relevant as they were before you spent all your time attacking the authors of the article instead of the content.

6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Feel free to sign the "declaration". Just fill out the information. Apparently anyone is being accepted.

[​IMG]

You can chose the "General Public" 'professional group'. The only checking appears to be to determine if you're a robot.

Cuddles and wrbtrader like this.
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

As I already mentioned I did sign up. Dr. Jack Theripper.

Where am I on the petition? I used a valid email and received nothing from them.

The petition likely allows anyone to sign up, but that doesn't mean they aren't vetted and removed from the final document. As a supposed IT professional, it is shocking that you don't understand how this might work.

My other points seemed to have been ignored by your response.

8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Oh... your Dr. Jack Theripper is present as a signature in the declaration.

Go to the signature search page.... https://gbdeclaration.org/view/signatures/?gv_search=Therippe&mode=any

Anyone is accepted. Thanks for demonstrating the entire Great Barrington Declaration is completely bogus.

[​IMG]

I expect that when someone notices that you signed the declaration as "Jack the Ripper" they will scrub your signature. Overnight they have scrubbed numerous cartoon characters and Dr. Anthony Fauci after being mocked on social media.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  9. Ricter

Ricter

If they include scientists then it's 6000 over millions.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Right, and that's my point - it will be scrubbed. So when they list scientists and doctors that support the cause, they list the actual doctors and scientists. For example, on the first page - that you didn't respond to. All those scientists and doctors have been verified.

No comment on them?

When you put an online petition together, this will invariably happen. That's the whole reason there is a scrubbing process.

When you say the declaration is "completely bogus", you're full of shit. You are suggesting that every signature is false or fabricated.

#10     Oct 8, 2020