Over 1 million in capital to trade with???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by brandonr008, Dec 18, 2010.

1. moo

moo

Don't care if you have a $million or ten, but you sure seem to be on your way to losing most of it. It appears you're just a lucky momo-amateur who has happened to be on the right side of a big trend. I'd bet you will lose at least half of your money within the next year.

The only hope is you will learn from your inevitable losses.

ps. Cutten said it perfectly. Read his advice very carefully.

#51     Dec 20, 2010
  2. Corelio

Corelio

ROTFLMAO...only on ET:p :p

#52     Dec 20, 2010
  3. def

def Sponsor

You still don't get it. At IB, TH or IB doesn't take a first look at an order to decide whether it wants to trade against it or not. TH may end up being on the other side only because it can offer a fill at or better than the best available price in the market place. If you read the report and look at the list and %ages where orders get filled on the various exchanges, it is quite evident that IB affiliates are not on the other side of most trades as you suggest.

IB's routing is designed to obtain the best available execution for clients, if you want to call that internalization so be it.

#53     Dec 20, 2010
  4. The only thing being "internalized" seems to be anger.
    As far as Brandonumpf or whatever it's name is, he/she is probably a farce/troll etc. who giggles when threads blow up like this. Let's all move on, shall we?:)

#54     Dec 20, 2010
  5. This is most likely going to be my last post on this thread....

First I would like to thank the few that have written me privately and also gave me some info on here

Didn't think me coming on here and asking some serious questions was more or less going to turn into a bunch of bs

Yes I do have 1 mil plus of liquid capital to trade with.. Again I don't have time to waste and I sure as hell don't want to waste anyone's time on here that has some answers and knowledge they can share with me..

Right now most of my capital is at TD.. Since I can trade futures if need be with them...

But as of now I am holding very little stock and mostly all cash

I will answer some of the questions and comments that I have seen on here..

First I am not some novice trader.. I am 36 yrs old and started trading back in 1999.. Did real well in 1999 and 2000 but I blew up.. Not because I didn't know what I was doing or was long a the market and got killed.. More or less I was making a pile of money and I didn't know how to handle success at 25 yrs old.. I was to much into partying, girls and so on.. Also had some family problems I had to deal with.. So all in all the money I made I spent it just as fast as I made it.. New Porsche, house and all kinds of toys.. It was fun but did not last...

During that time I usually was trading on the RediPlus platform.. (REDI Ecn) when that was around, and also RealTick.. At that time I was avg 50-100 trades a day.. I was wild and crazy.. It was fun but not real..

Since then I have traded some but not so much until about 18 or so months ago.. I have done very well.. But not as well as I know and think I can and will do..

As I said most of my trading as been with Schwab, Td and a little bit with Etrade.. I also have used Options house when they had a flat rate on option contracts.... And I have done some futures trading with Zumo and Td..

I avg now about 25-50 trades a day, not including options and Futures

The last few months I have gotten burnt out.. So I have taken a little break to figure things out and move forward

I am done with the major brokers, I could see they were playing games with me at times.. Holding orders, taking at times many mins to cancel a order, and at times I could see they were trading against or ahead of me, and changing margin on a stock to try to force me to get out...I could go on and on with all the BS they have done..

Schwab is by far the worst!!!!.. Nice platform but horrible company..

WallStreet wants to screw the little guy.. The brokers suck, the CEO's lie.. The fed is a deck of cards ready to fall and so on..

Yes I am very bullish and at times heavy in the metal markets... Have made a ton on Silver.. But I do short all the time.. I have and will short the metals when I see a trade is there.. In fact my best equity trades have been shorting.. When the shit hits the fan stocks drop a hell of a lot faster then when they go up...

As I said earlier I have a nice holding of physical Gold and Silver.. I continue to add on dips.. This is a VERY long term hold.. I am bearish the USD in the long run...

I have done some research and made some calls.. Currently talking to Mastertrader and checking out the new RealTick platform.. I like that one can trade futures and equity on one platform and in one account.. Yes I am aware they are owned or have some type of relationship with Pristine (Which I think might be bs).. But I dont care about Pristine

I am also talking to Lightspeed and Speedtrader.. eOption also looks interesting..

As far as IB.. I am as of now not going to go down that route.. I might explore them more later but I really don't like there trading platform and the way I trade I will run up some huge commissions

I think I can get what I want from one of the above brokers.. If there are others.. PLEASE let me know..

As far as Prop trading I have yet to make any contacts but will be soon.. I would like to do some prop trading if the terms were good and I felt safe having my money there..

Thanks again for the people that have given me a few answers.. You guys will see a lot more of me on Elitetrader.. But it would be nice if some of the people on here were not just on here to bash people that do well

Time to watch some football!!!!!

Brandon

#55     Dec 20, 2010
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Come on now, easy with the threats! :)

I thought you said: "Again I don't have time to waste "

#56     Dec 20, 2010
  7. timcar

timcar

I want a Million of dollars to trade with.

#57     Dec 20, 2010
  8. In 18 months you traded $100k into $1M? Very aggressive.. Though I hope you're not putting that entire amount at risk. Why not take half out and park it somewhere else? Your strategy obviously worked at $100k, it should be fine at $500k.

#58     Dec 20, 2010
  9. Elitetrader needs more people like you who have $1 million or more. Keep posting.

Elitetrader also needs more people who have less than $1 million. Keep posting.

#59     Dec 20, 2010
  10. Thanks Bearice

Will do...

As far as 100k to over a mill.. Yes I have been aggressive.. I only trade and live one way.. I don't play games when I trade.. I go where the action is.. But I do spread out my risk.. And as I said I want to take what I have and kick it up bigtime...

If I was not trading with big retail firms I know I would of done better.. But I am very great full for what I have done and will do..

As far as taking 500k and putting it away..NO WAY!!!,,,,, Well in a way I am doing that now by buying Gold and mostly Silver on a weekly basis..
    but no I want my money to work.. Where would one put there money.. In the bank.. HA HA.. NO.. Housing market, again no.. I rent and I am happy to.. Maybe some land someday would be a good investment...

I keep my money as liquid as possible, that is why I really have started to trade futures.. 24 hour-5 day market.. At any time one can buy or sell really anything..

Main reason I am looking for a broker that I can do everything in one account and be as liquid as possible..

I see some real problems coming up soon for the USD.. A couple years from now I think things are going to get crazy, I sure wont be holding any USD cash.. Gold, Silver, Oil, mining stocks and really any of the commodities is and will be the place to be...

A MASSIVE dose of inflation is coming soon.. We are seeing it now and will really start to see it by the end of 2011..

You know any 36 yr old dudes that are in pretty big or at all in the physical market of Gold and Silver.. Or really anyone at any age..Nope!!!!!!!!

I know people that have a net worth over 3 million and they still tell me cash is King.. HA HA HA.. What fools they will be.. One day one will wake up and see a 20%-25% devaluation of the USD...

Sorry for getting off topic.. Still would like some more answers who I should trade with ... Thanks

Brandon

#60     Dec 20, 2010